Whats going on???? I'm at a lost

And this moring another guppy thats bent over is dead! .

The shop has tested my water last week and said it was all fine just that the ph is a little low.

This is getting crazy now there all dying at this rate!.
:/

I don't think the pH is your big problem really. From what I have learned here, most fish can deal with a pH that is not neutral - but they suffer from dramatic changes.

Is your LFS testing anything other than pH? I would strongly advise getting your own testing kit - I find the liquid a bit more reliable than the test strips.

Perservere with teh water changes, they may just all be really stressed and it may be too late for some of them - you are doing the best you can, we all ahve to learn somehow ;)

also, you say that the fish was 'bent over' - was it like bent in half? I have read somewhere here that is indicitave of something specific........hmmmm, don't know what though :*)

best of luck!
susan

I dont know if this could have anything to do with it, but I would remove the slate. I know that its bad to put coral in freshwater tanks or anything for that matter that isnt labeled aquarium safe. The slate might be poisoning the water, but thats my guess.

Treat the tank immediately with anti internal bacteria med.

rrdrummer5 said:
I dont know if this could have anything to do with it, but I would remove the slate. I know that its bad to put coral in freshwater tanks or anything for that matter that isnt labeled aquarium safe. The slate might be poisoning the water, but thats my guess. As for the LFS testing your water, as I said in an earlier reply, get your own test kit. If you do get them to test your water, tell them you want to know the readings in ppm, not that they are ok or fine. Anything other than 0 for ammonia and nitrite is a problem and not ok.
The slate shouldn't be a problem unless it had some type of bacteria on it (you should always boil slate or any rocks for that matter before putting them in your tank). Most all LFS sell slate. Unfortunately, a lot of the ones around here have "reclaimed" slate that has been part of someones patio at one time and still has some mortar left on it. That can be a problem.

ok using anti internal bacteria med on firday and so far things seem to be fine.

I hope this cure's my problem.
Thank you for all your help people.

Happy easter

Most reactions

Back