Whatever Next ?

Glod

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So today I was feeding him some freeze dried bloodworm... one at a time, just he way he likes it :lol: . Pick up the bloodworm, drop it in near him, watch him snap it up. Same way as always.
Today ? I took the bloodworm go to drop it in the tank near him and he jumps clear out of the water and snatches it from my fingers ! Naturally I was a bit shocked... so I watched him in surprise while he wiggle danced at me for more food, took another held it over the water and he jumped again ! Ok.. I had it too high that time, lol... I think I have taught the little guy a new trick :wub:

One of my old boys jump and it scares me :nod: When I give them the bloodworms in vitamin jelly I do it on a matchstick and they get all excited when they see it over the water :lol:

Wow...my 'female' betta gets excited too when 'she' (I'm starting to think 'she' is actually a plackat male) sees me with freeze dried bloodworms, and once she jumped out of her bowl while I was opening the container. Naturally, I just stared at her flopping around for a few seconds before realizing she need t be in the water to live....XDD Maybe I should train her to do that too. Cute.

hehe all mine do that, one is more enthusiastic than the others and more often than not cracks his head on the plastic lip of the tank before i've even got the food out over the top of him, and then when i drop it in, he's too busy staring at me to see the food in front of him, he's an idiot.

My fighters come to the top of the tank as soon as I lift the lid for feeding but I've never known one to jump. I might have to try that!

I taught my little boy, Melvin to jump for his food by putting bloodworms or pellets on my finger above him and now he jumps if you just put your finger near him... and it doesn't even hace to be my finger! :hyper: :wub:

D: But now I'm confused. I've already seen he/she flaring. I have three bettas on a short bookshelf, each in their own tanks and they sometimes flare at eachother. All of them do. Two males and the one that I'm not sure about. I can't see an opicisitor <-sp? and even when I feed them good foods, the 'female' doesn't grow plump with eggs BUT once I saw 'her' show horizontal stripes. Can males show horizontal stripes? "she" has even started building bubble nests every time I change 'her' water. XD

My 'female' betta attacks the water's surface as soon as she sees that can XD but I haven't gotten her to jump.

i have a female that i thought was a male, extremely long, tail but baught as a female.
my gf n i was just talkin bout it, tryin 2 work it out wether it was male or female.
but soon relized a while ago we had actualy put her in wit 1 of my gf crown tail males trying 2 breed the pair. tho they did not breed they seemed verry peacfull 2gether they were like this 4 about 5 days there were no fins missing n the female (thought once 2 b a male) still looks 4 him 2 this day.
my gf has alot of fighters and is trying 2 breed them. her females flair up like the males especialy if a new female is introduced.
my female has neva grown plump wit eggs tho my gfs have ( some being the same age others younger).

Haha, yeah, my Wendy'll jump for hikari pellets too - she smacks right into my fingers. I thought this was pretty cool and that i could train her to eat of my hand like this, but no luck. She's strong enough to jump clean out of the water and hit my hand, but not smart enough to aim right, i guess! :D

I wish our Steve would jump.

He eats food from our fingers though.

Am a bit wary now however. Found a post on here that said if you put your finger gently on the surface of the water, he thinks its food.

Well, today, he did. Didn't realise bettas had such sharp, er, mouths. No teeth, but I can see how the little devils fight to the death! That'll teach me to tease my boyfriend's fish. -_-

Most reactions

Back