What Type Of Fish Should I Get?

Personally, I think Tetras are beautiful for any aquarium, especially Lemon and Neon Tetras... but that's just me.

Beautiful tank! Because you have sand, I'd reccomend a group of corydoras. They do very well in sand and are tolerated by pretty much all types of fish. I'd pick colorful fish like guppies; they would look very striking with your black rock and white sand. :nod:

some less agressive south/central american fish would look good. go with a firemouth or keyhole with some blue and bolivian rams (3-4) and about 5 corycats.

Depends what you are looking for. If you want a tank with lots of movement, but a bunch of unintelligent fish then Tetra's are the way to go. If you wanted to keep something prettier you could try a pair of angels(M+F) and some bottom dwellers such as some cories. If you wanted to keep africans that tank would be nice for a species tank of Pseudo Saulosi, or a small group of yellow labs. You could go the shelldweller option, for a tank with brilliant behaviour etc. South American cichlids can also have agression, but present a further option too. If none of these take your fancy theirs always oddballs and livebearers. Research well into the fish you want to get to make sure its what you want.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. Keep 'em comin.

very nice tank nick. as suggested before you could have some smallish cichlids(1 pair or 2 males mabie) like rams or a type of apistogramma-a small shoul of (6) corys would be good with these then some tetras(10?) and mabie a gourami, would look luvly. or you could have a shell dueller tank-

I was actually thinking about getting a small shoul of glass catfish maybe 3-4 and a larger shoal of neon/cardinal tetras 10-15, would this work?

Most reactions

Back