What type of fish do I have here?

It is a green Severum. Severums change color often, and they can turn ‘dark green’ (black) when stressed or when showing off to other fish. I would guess you have a dominant one, and is showing off to everything in the tank (even if it isnt alive). When did you get it?
Got it about 3 Years ago . I thought the same thing at first but never seen severum with a face like that .

It is a green Severum. Severums change color often, and they can turn ‘dark green’ (black) when stressed or when showing off to other fish. I would guess you have a dominant one, and is showing off to everything in the tank (even if it isnt alive). When did you get it?
"i shall rule over the Rock empire with my rock army"

"i shall rule over the Rock empire with my rock army"
Screenshot_20220315-123729.png

Count me in 😉
Nothing to do with it

Severum. Just type "Black Severum" into Google images and they come up like yours. I would say yours is a large adult old male. Nice find..I would like that myself.

If I gotta mess with the tank it gets even darker . I have to do everything super slow or he'll lose his s*** and break stuff in the tank. You agree with inbreeding causing it's face to look like that?

Possible. Or just a deformity and one that made his owner pick him out and raise him to a good age. Why it was traded in might be the owner got out of fish keeping.

Most reactions

Back