What Type Of Dechlorinator Is Best?

Gazpug

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was wondering what type of dechlorinaltor is a really good one to use. I am using King British at the mo and i am not very happy with it. I am having to doubble dose to be sure it is doing the job. Any suggestions for a better water treatment would be appriciated.

Ta

Hi Gaz,

Pond dechlorinator is best. It is many times cheaper than aquarium dechlorinator, and yet is exactly the same stuff, just more concentrated. The only difference is you need to use less dechlorinator for each water change.

I use Kockney Koi Pond Dechlorinator which i bought from Ebay and i've had no problems with it.

I will never buy aquarium dechlorinator again. It appears that as soon as they put the word aquarium on the bottle, they multiply the price by 20.

BTT :good:

can i ask why you think the king british stuff is not doing the job at the recommended dosage?

i agree with the above as well, buy pond dechlor, i've never been picky over the brand, it doesn't matter that much, it just needs to deal with chlorine, chloramine and heavy metals.

can i ask why you think the king british stuff is not doing the job at the recommended dosage?

me too, i find this hard to believe unless you have proper test kits for it.

I use Pond Doctor for my dechlor

Pond water conditioner here too. Prime is $17 for 500 ml. Pond stuff is $9 for 750 ml. With the way I do waterchanges, it's definately the cost effective way to go.

Has anyone used Tetra Pond Aquasafe Watersafe De-chlorinator. Was looking at this the other day as it was way cheaper but was afraid to use it case it didnt work (after spending all that time building up good bacteria through a fishless cycle :rolleyes: )
If it is ok to use do you just use less? Im currently using Nutrafin Aqua Plus and its well expensive

Cheers

Has anyone used Tetra Pond Aquasafe Watersafe De-chlorinator. Was looking at this the other day as it was way cheaper but was afraid to use it case it didnt work (after spending all that time building up good bacteria through a fishless cycle :rolleyes: )
If it is ok to use do you just use less? Im currently using Nutrafin Aqua Plus and its well expensive

Cheers

Just follow the directions. Pond Dechlorinator is safe for aquariums.

Are they all the same then?

I've been using AmmoLock for years, out of habit - but I suspect a proper Dechlor would be better - although I don't know why.

Do some of them do different things than others?

Most reactions

Back