What Type Of Cichlid Can I Buy That'll Work Wit My Current Fish

Seetrix

Reaction score
I really want to buy a new cichlid prefribly o e that doesn't get bigger than 5 inces and one that's not to aggresive I currently have Bolivian rams. Cribensis. African butterflys. Clown loaches and simensis catfish so I'm lookin for a realll colouful fish to brighten up the tank abit. Any sugestions please I like the fire mouths but don't they get a bit big?

Whats your current tank size? You must have a large tank thats at least 75+ because of those clown loach? If thats the case I would think you could find somewhat large ones but I recently got a keyhole and they are a great Cichild but I think your current stock will have different temp needs.

It's a 4ft but ist custom so it's extra wide think it's bout 2ft wide or sumthin I've never seen the key hole fish. I'll have to have a look the next time I visit my lfs what colours are they

They tend to be white with black spots/stripes:

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=65964

Good info on them. Mine was timid at first but now he gets along pretty well in the tank. They tank most foods, I feed mine a mixture of Flakes/Cucumber/Cichild Pellets/Shrimp pellets and he eats them as well as every one else. My keyhole and BN are my favorites, both have alot of personality.

Flag acara? Blue acara, firemouth and/or a juwel cichlid should be ok in that size tank, but you may get the odd aggressive one.Apistogrammas would also work.
I had angel fish with an ABF years ago and they tore it's fins off..

Most reactions

Back