What To Do With My New Tank?

I do believe quite a few people here told you what is ok in your tank. Shrimp, snails, beta, DP, and ADF. You didn't listen to us and went and bought a bunch of fish that are too big for the tank.

Neons need an established tank (6 months or more) so don't be surprised if they die right away. Any level of ammonia and they are goners.

I'd also say that those fish are not going to work out at all. You should take them back to the shop and get a betta!! There great, but have you cycled your tank?
Of course he did NOT cycle the tank, he just got it 6 days ago.

yeah thats what i mean... but i have a question can i have 5-6 neons in my 15 litres tank plus 5-6 rummynose tetra???? isn't it too small

Yes too small but you really can't have 1 either...

I would say a minimum group of 4 for shoaling fish, but you really shouldn't have any of those fish in that tank, especially the featherfin that will get 8inches in size!! You really should have done some research before putting all those fish into a 15 litre tank!

Platys- need at least 5 gallons, but 10 is much better.
Neon Tetras- really need a 10 gallon, especially because you need a shoal, two is not enough!
Rummy nose- same as Neons although I would think a 15 or 20 gallon would be better for these guys
Synodontis- I would say minimum 40 or 50 gallons?

i'm gonna take the catfish out of the tank soon and also the snails

I do believe quite a few people here told you what is ok in your tank. Shrimp, snails, beta, DP, and ADF. You didn't listen to us and went and bought a bunch of fish that are too big for the tank.

Neons need an established tank (6 months or more) so don't be surprised if they die right away. Any level of ammonia and they are goners.

I'd also say that those fish are not going to work out at all. You should take them back to the shop and get a betta!! There great, but have you cycled your tank?
Of course he did NOT cycle the tank, he just got it 6 days ago.

Well sorry Mr.afishdude meaby you can come to my house and do everything perfectly without any mistakes since you think I'm soooo wrong!!!! Yes I cycled my tank for about 3 month (did you know that, don't think so). When I said NEW I ment for about a few months meaby thant's not new for you, but for me it is (my mistake). Anyways if i want a whale shark in my 15 litres tank i can go ahead a get it don't need your permition.. what people say are called ADVICE not OBLIGATIONS...

And to the rest of you thanks a lot for your answers i'm gonna try and set everything up so my fishes are in a good space and habitat. :)

David, afishdude is giving you good advice. You should have listened to what other people had said instead of going off and buying 2 neons. I strongly advise you taking all your fish back to the shop, putting real plants in and getting a betta or a dp.
This forum is for advise and if you don't want advise then don't bother posting in the first place. And i don't think you can even buy whale sharks. :shout: :hey:

now lets everyone just calm down. David_M, we're just trying to give you advice - many people have said the same thing so there must be at least some truth in it. i'ts up to you if you take it or not, but it would be better in the long term for both you and the fish you have bought to take the advice.

now lets everyone just calm down. David_M, we're just trying to give you advice - many people have said the same thing so there must be at least some truth in it. i'ts up to you if you take it or not, but it would be better in the long term for both you and the fish you have bought to take the advice.

:nod:

As harsh as people may sound every word of it has been true. People post on this forum because of their love and knowledge on fish. People wouldn't tell you something that isn't going to benefit you or your tank, we are all in it for the same reason, to have stress free fish and stress free fish keepers :) :p

David, afishdude is giving you good advice. You should have listened to what other people had said instead of going off and buying 2 neons. I strongly advise you taking all your fish back to the shop, putting real plants in and getting a betta or a dp.
This forum is for advise and if you don't want advise then don't bother posting in the first place. And i don't think you can even buy whale sharks. :shout: :hey:

I know he is but there are many ways to give advice. by the way I can't take my fish back to the shop at least where i'm at (i don't think so)... :D the whale thing was for a EXTREME example.....

:nod:

As harsh as people may sound every word of it has been true. People post on this forum because of their love and knowledge on fish. People wouldn't tell you something that isn't going to benefit you or your tank, we are all in it for the same reason, to have stress free fish and stress free fish keepers :) :p

Yes i strongly agree with both of you, but as i said before there are many ways to give advice, but please let's forget about everything........ anyways i have a 17 gallon tank (it's not set up yet) soo when i set it up and it's mature i'll change the fish to the big tank and then i can add more neons and rummy-noses. :rolleyes:

and once again Sorry :( and thanks ;)

You should either move, or take the fish back as soon as possible. Transportation is extremely stressful for the fish, and I personally think it is cruel to buy a fish,put it in a tank that is too small,doesnt have the correct requirements (ie Neons In A Shoal) Let them struggle to survive in that tank, then once they have settled in, make them go through it all again when moving them.
Unless it is absolutely necessary to re-home/move a fish,I would advise against it.
In your case, its not absolutely necessary to keep them and then move them, when you could rehome them before they get too used to where they are at the moment.

You should either move, or take the fish back as soon as possible. Transportation is extremely stressful for the fish, and I personally think it is cruel to buy a fish,put it in a tank that is too small,doesnt have the correct requirements (ie Neons In A Shoal) Let them struggle to survive in that tank, then once they have settled in, make them go through it all again when moving them.
Unless it is absolutely necessary to re-home/move a fish,I would advise against it.
In your case, its not absolutely necessary to keep them and then move them, when you could rehome them before they get too used to where they are at the moment.

WOW you are right didn't think of it before, thanks

I know he is but there are many ways to give advice. by the way I can't take my fish back to the shop at least where i'm at (i don't think so)... :D the whale thing was for a EXTREME example.....

I gave you advice in the nicest way possible, you ignored it.

Most reactions

Back