What To Do With Cables And Lid?

jenni8888

Reaction score
Ok am i completely missing something???

Im setting up my tank (finally) and I am positioning all my hardware:

filter top left side, heater horizontally on the back in the middle/right side, light included in lid and thermometer will be on outside on the left hand side of tank.

So I have 3 cables coming out of the tank and the lid has a flap 'for ease with feeding', and no other holes...so does this mean that I will have to keep that lid open all the time to allow the cables to get out of the tank???

its a Elite Stingray 54 litre aquarium http://www.hagen.com/img/aquatic/products/15175.jpg

so there are no slots in the rear of the hood that allow cables in? Are there any areas that seem thinner or maybe perforated so that they can be cut and removed?

what do the instructions say? :)

The instructions say nothing about cable locations.... there are a line of thin gaps at the back for ventilation so it seems that it will be best to make a hole for the cables there....

Would a craft knife that has been heated up be ok to cut/melt a hole into the plastic?

The instructions say nothing about cable locations.... there are a line of thin gaps at the back for ventilation so it seems that it will be best to make a hole for the cables there....

Would a craft knife that has been heated up be ok to cut/melt a hole into the plastic?

before we start hacking at it, can you take a picture of the back of the lid and show us? I'd be very surpised if Hagen made a tank that didn't have room for the cables somewhere.

maybe the holes for ventilation are actually the cable holes?

before we start hacking at it, can you take a picture of the back of the lid and show us? I'd be very surpised if Hagen made a tank that didn't have room for the cables somewhere.

here are the pics of both inside and outside the lid http://imgur.com/a/SPTQ0/all#0

Sorry for the delay, the pics wouldnt attach :S

maybe the holes for ventilation are actually the cable holes?

The filter, heater and light have a power mains plug on the end so there is no way they can fit through those small ventilation slits :(

that looks like the front, can you get a picture of the back?

that looks like the front, can you get a picture of the back?

When u click on the link are you seeing 6 pictures?

1. Top with the front facing towards camera
2. Left side edge of lid
3. Top with back facing to the right
4. The inside of the lid with the light and cable
5. Back of the lid with the ventilation slits
6. Right side of the lid

working now - first time I tried it showed me 6 pictures that are all the same.

I can't see anywhere obvious that is intended to be removed :/

you could drop Hagen an email asking how you should postion the cables?

Ok, I have a confession to make - I seem to be a complete idiot...

There are no technical 'holes' but as my bf has just pointed out there are 'overhang gaps' at the back of the lid where the cables can go down....

so yeah I am a fool and sorry for wasting everyone time, but I really appreciate your help!

*hides in corner*

*head hanging in embarrassed shame*

ahhh so you put the equipment in place then postion the lid afterwards.....job done!

ahhh so you put the equipment in place then postion the lid afterwards.....job done!

yep :D

Ive just turned on all the hardware (submerged in water) and omg, my little tank is looking so funky! :D

Most reactions

Back