What To Breed This Guy Too

newfishy

Fish Herder
Reaction score
ok...my new guy has some issues that we fixing up, and he needs to be conditioned, but I am on the hunt for the perfect woman for him....knowing that Ill have to get her ready and conditioned too.

But I cant find a pale bublegum pink hm female anywere. even on aquabid, the only girl I have color wise that is even close is a ct. but I dont know what Id even get out of that cross or if I should cross two fish like that, meaning not the same tail type.

should I just wait it out till I find a pink hm female?
well here they are for you opinions.
popeye1.jpg

and this girl is much more pink in real life
juliet1.jpg

I was thinking about doing that, if hes a hm and she is a ct...I think I would end up with a mismatch of babies, some hm some sd, some ct perhaps some vt or maybe even a half sun...that would be great:)

Get him a red girl, since pink is just a variation of red, no matter what u breed him too ull get reds because of his coloration. Get a nice red Hm girl and breed a nice red/pink line.

look for a white female. Be a shame to spoil his colours on a blue or red female.

get him an opaque white female, with clean eyes(unless im seeing wrong he has a bit of white starting over his eyes) another option is to look for a clean light copper girl(no red if you choose this option), or like jaded said a red girl. if you go with a red girl you will get a red wash which will range from almost white with a pink tinge to almost red. if you like the look of marbles you could get a nice blue marble girl and try to start a line of what i think is being called blue clouds....
what you would possibly come up with first round or two
fwbettashmp1206594984.jpg

eventually working up to these
fwbettashmp1206595487.jpg

fwbettashmp1206592831.jpg

aside from what colors you should look into you will want either a half moon or a half moon plakat female with nicely balanced fins. although if you just want to breed and see what you get then cross him to just about anything you want. good luck either way.

that white with blue spots looks pretty cool. As if someone has flicked blue paint on her :)

I want hm, not that pk is bad, I just like the hm better...Im pretty much looking to start a better breed of fish to be avalible in my local area, all that can be found is vts or the few cts. And they all look pretty poorly:( lfs and random people jump at the chance to buy anything other then a vt, so knowing I have a market, I am trying to come up with some really pretty fish.

you guys have given me so many ideas I dont even know what to go with:)

all of the fish i posted are on aquabid and are all hmpk males not females. sorry forgot to mention that before. crossing hmpk to a hm line can help to balance the finnage, and clean up the edges of the tail hence the recommendation(although a nice hm female can do the same).

perhaps this is just me being daft...but the links dont take me to any fish in particular. I had been looking at a few opaque white females, just trying to decide if its worth the shipping or not to import only 2 fish. or if I should try and find a girl local, and save up enough for several imports.

it is worth it to import if you want to raise good quality fry. how ever if you just want to get started and have half way decent fry then by all means go the cheaper route and work on getting imports later.

Most reactions

Back