What Temperature Do You Try To Keep Your Tank At?

Gazoo

Fish Addict
Reaction score
What is the minimum temperature you try to keep your tanks at during the chilly seasons? I try to keep mine at 76F°.

Here is a comparison to help for those who don't know the C°/F° conversion.
C° F°
20 68
21 70
22 72
23 73
24 75
25 77
26 79
27 81
28 82
29 84

The minimum temperature for most tropical fish (the word 'tropical' should give one a hint :hey: ) is 72 degrees Fahrenheit. :good:

Nice chart, by the way.

-Lynden

Between my various aquariums, I try to keep the average around 76 though some are as low as 72 and others as high as 80.

I set my heater to 79/80 but during cold days it drops by a couple degrees. I had it set at 76 before but noticed that my fish are more active at the higher temp.

I set my heater to 79/80 but during cold days it drops by a couple degrees. I had it set at 76 before but noticed that my fish are more active at the higher temp.
same as really, my plec stops eating if the temp is too low. I have lots of airation going on that lowers the temp a few degrees below what the heater is set to plus the tank is in quite a cold spot in the room but a spot that doesn't vary too much

82-84, there seem happier when its warmer there color also intensifies

(yes i know I cant spell in english... no i don't want to learn)

I try to keep it at about 26 degrees celcius but it does drop to around 24.5 in the winter mornings. :)

76F which is 24.5C. My Heater wont go lower than 24C for some reason (not that i need to set it lower than that anyway).

26C here, which is maintainable in Winter (if your tank drops much in cooler months, maybe your heater isn't big enough???)

Anyway - last summer, my tank hovered around 32C for a few weeks without any losses either. Shuold be better this summer as we now have ducted cooling in our new house.

Most reactions

Back