What Size Of Air Pump?

ryanwylie

Reaction score
I have one of those old diver helmets in my tank, with a single airstone. I have a small elite 800 air pump.

I was going to add an old ship and possible one more air operated item, but I dont think the air pump I have is powerful enough.

Anyone recommend one, that also is not to noisy.

Thanks

Ryan

Have you tried adding some T's to your current pump set up to split off the air output to see if you get the effect you want?

If you were to upgrade to another pump the investment in tube would not be lost as could be re-used but you would (possibly) no longer need the T's?

I have never done this but it may be worth a punt...

...In addition it was really worth adding flow valves to my airlines as now I can regulate the flow of air - they are fairly cheep to buy.

Rena and Precision airpumps are pretty good and quiet. Try to get a pump with two outlets so you have more air to work with. Otherwise use T-pieces and taps like Ben mentioned.

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I will add the items, T's, flow valve and more air stones and see what way it goes first.

One thing im having a problem with is the hose kinking where it goes in under the lid. Ive got a JUWEL REKORD 800 by the way. There is small outshots at the corners for cable to go in for the thermometer, filter pump etc, but my hose keeps kinking. I was thinking of drilling a hole in the plastic lid, just above the top of the glass and feed the 6mm hose through that.

What you think?

You could drill the top but a non destructive way :good: to try first is to get some wire EG: plastic coated garden wire and wrap that round the hose in a spiral like a spring. As log as you dont wrap the coils too close together it will be sufficient to support the tube over the bend. Watch out for the wire corroding over time though.

Not a bad idea there, maybe like a thick rubber line (2mm thick). Will give it a try. Thanks!

Most reactions

Back