What Should I Do?

My(2)Cents

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a 20 gal established tank I have 3 giant danio's and just introduced 2 black mollies and a dwarf Gourami. The danio's seem to be owning the tank evan though I moved around some plants and added a rock when I introduced the new fish. They don't seem to be letting the mollies and the gourami get to the flake food. and last night one of the mollies died not sure why. My water test is all in the normal range.

what should I do?

Continue to monitor the water parameters. Is your water test kit liquid and still within the expiry date? Your fish need time to get used to their new environment and to the other fish. If after a week they still get bullied and have a hard time getting food, you may be faced with the issue of non-compatability. If that happens, some one is going to have to be relocated. Danio's can be very intimidating to other fish because of their frantic movements and often aren't suitable in a community tank with certain fish. Your molly may have died simply from shock. Sometimes it just happens. I'm assuming you acclimated the new fish before adding them? The fish may have been weak already too.

Yes the test kit is brand new, and yes the fish were acclimated. I'm just hopeing they get along.

Most reactions

Back