What Should I Do?

DarkShadow435

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok, so here's my situation. My molly is giving birth as we speak. She's in a 10 gal tank with 3 silver tipped tetras, a mystery snail, a chinese algae eater, and a male molly. There is adaquate hiding for the fry, but i dont know what i should do about the other fish. will there be overcrowding? I've only been fishkeeping for 3 months. PLEASE HELP!!!

If you have no plans to add additional tanks or upgrade the current tank, remove the hiding places and hope most of the fry are eaten, because if it's not this batch, you will be overcrowded eventually. The Chinese Algae eater is going to get too large for that tank eventually. Get that 50 gallon going soon! :) You may want to remove the male altogether as population control will always be a problem with mating livebearers.

If you have no plans to add additional tanks or upgrade the current tank, remove the hiding places and hope most of the fry are eaten, because if it's not this batch, you will be overcrowded eventually. The Chinese Algae eater is going to get too large for that tank eventually. Get that 50 gallon going soon! :) You may want to remove the male altogether as population control will always be a problem with mating livebearers.
have to agree totally with this answer

The silver tips will happily eat the fry, but a few may surive.

But i agree with theotheragentm

ok, well, the 50 gal is up and running. I'll move the male and the chinese algae eater over now. What about the tetras?

The silver-tips are small, no bigger than a guppy right now. Should i move them too?

or sell a few to the fish shop, the fry will will get bigger then you can sell them, the male can go too, as the females store sperm and he isnt "needed" now.the chinese algea eater must go too.

Most reactions

Back