What Powerhead Do I Need?

the hydors seem to have hude reliabilty problems imo, i had 2 koralia 1's both have died. i ended up buying a cheap powerhead from china via ebay and have to say it outperforms the koralias and at £25 im not gonna be as upset when or if it breaks as i was when my koralias died at £65 a pop. so go figure.

ive also had a tunze whilst albeit too powerfull for my tank it was well built and very reliable.

i heard they had been changed since then?
can get koralia one for £19 if you look at the shopping links on google ;)

ooh ok so i'll have two of them!

I hope all this equipment is quiet, because i have the tank in my room. else i will have to convince my mum to have it in the kitchen!

I curently have two Hydor Koralia 4's and am switching to a Vortech MP40 propeller pump Here you can also watch a movie of it Here and Here . This pump is the best one out there. There are many different settings that you can set it to. Well worth its weight in gold. :good:

I have found that the Hydor Koralia gets stuck a lot. Not very impressed with it. :no: Also, the little red arm that holds the head unit to the suction cup has broken in half on both of the units I have.

i guess its expensive because theres no mention of the price. oh, and on the video - one comment calls it the "Ferarri" of powerheads xD

I am a huge Hydor Koralia fan !!!

just bought 2 koralia 5's and are just awesome. Also have a koralia nano and a koralia 3.

No reliability issues, they keep on performing and imho the best you can get for that all important water movement.

E-bay may have some good prices, just keep looking lol...

Couldn't wait to get in to work today to respond to this posting. I hate my Koralia!!!! :crazy: What a coincidence, I spent almost 1 hour last night taking my Koralia 4 apart because it was making a loud humming noise and was seizing up. Upon taking it apart, which was not easy, the back broke out and is now sticking out. I managed to get the thing put together but I am not happy with it at all!!! I guess you get what you pay for. My advice, stay away from the Koralia. Yes, I do agree, they produce a very nice water motion and movement in the tank but as far a longevity, they suck!!!! Plan on replacing within a year.

Sorry to hear your problems with your 4 lol...

Each to their own i suppose, i have had my 2 old koralias for almost 2 years, no dramas since day one.

Most reactions

Back