What Pleco ?

missyparrot

Reaction score
Hello
I got this pleco 1 week ago and was wondering what type he is , the shop said he wont get any bigger then 6" .
He is 2" at the minute but looks like he is growing everyday .
I am feeding him wafers and cucumber and he is eating well , he loves his piece of wood i got him !!!
He is very busy and i love him
any info would be great .

thanks

he is brown with spots all over him

Attachments

• IMGP5000.JPG
    IMGP5000.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 54
Hello
I got this pleco 1 week ago and was wondering what type he is , the shop said he wont get any bigger then 6" .
He is 2" at the minute but looks like he is growing everyday .
I am feeding him wafers and cucumber and he is eating well , he loves his piece of wood i got him !!!
He is very busy and i love him
any info would be great .

thanks

pic was to large to upload , will take another tomorrow (sorry ) :blush:

he is brown with spots all over him

Sight unseen, I just have to take a guess! :p
I'm guessing bristlenose...ancistrus sp.3
GL and do try and post that picture.

-Brad

if the shop staff were correct and the fish grows to 6 inch with yellow spots all over it and it wasn't an expensive fish then its garanteed to be a bristle nose pleco

£7 thats day light robbery
their only £2.99 by me
and they grow to 12 inchs or more

Thanks for the info , will go back to the shop and tell them i am not happy .....

Not going to take him back , but i did get him because i thought he would stay on the small side .
Can i have more then one in my tank , its 2 1/2 ft by 2 1/2 ft square cube ...
I guess not if he is going to get that big , will he stay on the smaller side if my tank is not that big ?
what else should i be feeding him or her on ?

afraid not m8 he will grow untill fully grown if he is a L001 then he probably will out grow that tank sooner than u think

food wise cucumber, courgette , algae wafers , bloodworm , brine etc....

jen

Any idea on how long he will take to grow to full size ??
Not happy the lfs told me he would only get to 6" , what's the smallest pleco fully grown ?

Don't know what to do now , i really like him but don't think its fair to let him grow in a tank he cant stay in long term.

any ideas ??

probably a while till he grows full size but not that long before he outgrows the tank i think these plecs get 2 around 10-14 inches so there pretty big other alternatives are paniques , golden nuggets , flash but tend 2 be alot more expensive there is the alternative a bristlenose plec (bushynose) which shouldnt get any bigger than around 6 inches a the most there still pretty cheap but heres a list of plecs that will get no bigger than about 8 inches HERE

hope that helps :)

jen

Thanks for that ....

Feel really bad now , i maybe have to take him back to the shop :(

I could let him grow a little then give him to someone on here :nod:

what do you think ??

Anyone in London willing to give him a good home in a few months after i have fatten him up and made him big :thumbs:

the problem that ull have is they get so big!!! so alot of ppl either wont want him or havent got the tank space.

i would have taken him but it's to far for me 2 travel sorry .....

i think the best option would be return 2 LFS and maybe swap him for a smaller species if they have 1 that is :)

jen

Most reactions

Back