What Part Of Fish Keeping Go You Like Best?

What part of fish keeping go you like best?

• The Mechanical - Lights, heaters, filters, ect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Appearence - Aquascaping, keeping the tank clean, making things LOOK nice

• The Fish - I like choosing the fish, and matching colors. I could care less about the appearence of

• Total voters
at first it was the fish but now i have the fish i want i have become a bit obsesive with the scenery it never seems right.

I think ultimately for me, it has to be no 2.
Yes I can have some stunning fish - but in a rubbish tacky tank with bad lighting and horrid decor etc. I really would not get any enjoyment out of keeping them. They are room features and at the end of the day I take great pride in my home and surroundings.

I voted for number three, but for me there's a lot more to the hobby than that.

For many years I kept and very much enjoyed having a peaceful community tank. Then, I found out that there are so many different cory cats and that many of them could be obtained, but not easily. That was the turning point for me. I started haunting the various lfs in my area and buying all the different ones I could find. This year I have been watching the auctions and buying from them too.

So, what started out as a hobby that was mainly about keeping a pretty tank with a few plants and some nice fish, has grown to having (right now) 18 tanks. Right now I spend a lot of time talking about fish, writing about them to people all around the world, and searching for new ones to expand my collection.

Fishkeeping is a hobby with many different facets and each is fun! :D

Most reactions

Back