What Other Fish

EllieW

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

I have had my 180l tank for just over a year now and have always had the same kind of normal fish. Mollies, Platys, Bristlenose, Guppies etc and just wondered if anyone had any suggestions for other good community fish?

Hi

Ive had neons and dwarf gouramis, Was never very good at keeping the dwarf gouramis though :sad:

Would any other gourami be ok do you know?

not many people are good at keeping dwarf gourami's so don't worry about it, they are bred for their colour with not much consideration for their health, so because of this not many live a very long life.
honey gouramis are small and very attractive, as are chocolate gouramis but these can be quite temperamental when newly introduced. or there is the bigger gouramis like opaline and golden which are nice but i think they can get problems with their temper!
tetras, well i have always loved congo tetras, not the cheapest of fish but very attractive and make a stunning shoal!
have you looked into any of the rainbowfish? the dwarf neon rainbows are nice (praeox rainbow)

Oh right thanks, I've always wondered if honey gourami's would be ok in a community tank.

I'll look into rainbow fish and congo tetras thanks :good:

Most reactions

Back