What kind of shrimp can live with guppies?

jimbo_natale4

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Inexpensive, small, easily bred, good for tank environment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amanos are quite large and can live with guppys- if the shrimp are adult sized but they don't breed readily in the aquarium as they need brackish water.
An easily bred shrimp are the red cherry shrimp but these will become snacks for the guppy unless you're really lucky and they ignore them... The babies will surely be eaten, you could place loads of moss in the bottom to give the shrimp hiding places.

-----I have brackish water in both of my guppy tanks... it's around 1.05-1.08 specific gravity I think. Maybe the big shrimp would be good. I can probably breed them an then move the young into my grow out tank for my guppies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second the amano shrimp choice, you can have a single or a few of those in your tank, course this depends on your tank size.

Guppies or most live bearers do best on hard water so best to check you have suitable water hardness for these guppies.

Bear in mind some shrimps are fickle with water parameters so do be sure before purchasing any. Red Cherries and Amanos are fine in hard water btw.

Most reactions

Back