What Kind Of Salad Can Be Fed To Fish?

These snails are so adorable and they sure do quite a cleanup. They ate every last one of the leaves that fell on the sand, including cleaning the yellow leaves off the plants.
But they don't show their tentacles much, they have short ones. Most snails I see have long ones. Odd...
Also, they change color of their skin, they were pink during the day and white during the night.

I gave my swordtails some round salad and they ate it, same as my hoplo.
But I don't know how to pin the big salad leaf down for the snails... -.- Tzuppy keeps taking it to the surface...

Rubber band it to a stone?

Rubber band it to a stone?
My stones are currently keeping the plants under them, can't disturb them, but I put the leaf under a stone, hoplo keeps managing to take it from there. He sure loves it... gave him another piece, hope he'll leave the snails alone, but he throws them off the leaf -.-

Now he's acting like a dog, trying to get it from under the rock but he can't, he's putting on quite a show wagging his tail and trying from all sides... Poor snails can't even have a peaceful lunch though...

I meant another stone, lol, not one that's already doing a job :)

I meant another stone, lol, not one that's already doing a job :)
It's pretty hard to find stones that aren't made of limestone though.
But I finally managed to fix the salad... only for the snails to just leave the salad and go for the yellow leaves of my plant -.-
Oh well, at least the fish are interested in it...

Can't convince the snails to try it, they just run away from it. -.- Not even my turtle will eat it. But looks like I found a good treat for Tzuppy and Bee. Cracker won't touch it, he prefers flakes or worms.

I use my magfloat to hold the lettuce:p
I could put the heater's suckers to use (at least that heater would be good for something... it's useless ever since I put it in). But the snails still don't like the lettuce and just run away from it o_O.
My catfish went crazy for it, so now I give him some as a dessert.
My swordtail female also likes it, but she isn't as crazy for it and she doesn't always eat it on time so it again goes to the catfish.

I've just ordered a little clip (I think it was called a nori clip?) with a suction cup attached off ebay that's used for feeding veggies to fish - looking forward to getting it! I figure that because it's stuck to the glass you'll get a great view of them and it's also easier to remove when they are done!

Yay! Thank you! Been wondering what this clip was called. Used to have one years ago but hadn't been able to find one for current tank until now! One on order now :good:

I wonder why my snails don't like salad... I tried again today, they went straight to my plant again. -.-

Most reactions

Back