What Kind Of Pleco

paw-paw

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
what is this pleco? It is cca 30 cm large and 3 years old. It is white, but has blue eyes so it isn't albino?

lalal2.jpg

lala.jpg

THX

Its a common, P. pardalis, amelanistic (spelling) or leutistic (spelling again?) one, i forget which is the correct term

not sure about the blue eyes. If they were real blue I would think a gold version of panaque suttoni but the eyes aren't blue enough for it. The top pic shows pink eyes which is an albino.
It lhas nice long pectoral fins
If it costs lots of money then it could be a new gold form of something else but I would say it's just an albino or gold version of the normal pleco. Most of the other plecos aren't readily available in the gold/albino form yet.

Well the first pic is taken with flash that is why his eyes look pink. It has blue eyes in reality, that is why I was intrigued cause I have never seen blueyed pleco before and as far as I kinow albinos can't have any other colored eyes than red/pink...

hm, but I don't think he is panaque suttoni because he is big...

So a common than?

probably wortha post on www.plecofanatics.com

simonas, if you are already registered at plecofanatics could I please ask you to post a question about this ploec. Or give them a link of this topic? I have some troubles with my mail right now...

THX

see my reply, its a common, PF will tell you the same, myself and windy are members there as well

Most reactions

Back