What kind of plants

MamaPish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
What kind of plants should I get for my 55gal?
I only have Angels and cory cats.
I know angels like amazon sword plants, but what else should I get?..............
Thanks

When I did some research on what Angels like concerning plants, about the only thing I had learned was that they do like Sword plants due to the possible mating on them. I do know there are several varieties of sword plants. I put a medium length Amazon sword in my tank and they seem to sleep by it, but during the day they go to the other end and hide under my banana plant. :fun: I have read that banana plants are hard to keep at times and dont last long. I have not had any good luck with ludwiga plants and have purchased them on 3 different occaisains with no luck. I'd shy away from Wisteria after looking at my tank as they seem to branch out so much and take up alot of space in the rear of the tank. This is only my experience so far as I am new. I do have Co2 injections for the plants and supplement with my own Dupla Mix that closely matches my tank perameters. I have also placed Iron tablets in the substrate.

Sword plants in all sizes from Major to Tennelus (a dwarf. lawn forming plant)
You could also use Vallis, either straight or twisted. The angels natural markings, vertical bars, is camoflage for this type of environment. ;)

Most reactions

Back