What Kind Of Fish Do You Have?

mdavids

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I are trying to decide on an aquarium. We do have the luxury of not having to worry about the money or the maintenance, but can't seem to agree on the same things. So I'm curious to know which type of tropical fish people have and why they chose those particular ones?

My girlfriend and I are trying to decide on an aquarium. We do have the luxury of not having to worry about the money or the maintenance, but can't seem to agree on the same things. So I'm curious to know which type of tropical fish people have and why they chose those particular ones?

I've only got a 12 gallon so I only keep smaller species in there, but I have enjoyed Bumble Bee Gobies and Dwarf Puffers in the past. Some of the dwarf cichlids have been fun as well.

SLC

P.S. I have had Green Spotted Puffers and Figure 8 Puffers in the past as well, they are great fun too.

if you cant agree get a tank each :hey: i keep stingrays and other various large oddball/predators they are much more interesting than guppies/corries etc.but each to their own :good: also dont get a small tank and limit your options imo

I am going in for livebearers and catfish. The common guppies, and platies, less common porthole livebearers, and some rare phallichthys tico coming on Tuesday. ALso planning to order some heterandria. Would like to go on getting more into the rare livebearers. I like the way they interact with each other- they are quite sociable.

For catfish, I have a pair of bristlenoses (perhaps my favourite fish) and a group of corys. Hoping to get some rarer loricariids or some whiptails one day. Corys are great fun to watch, not least when they're spawning. And the bristlies are just lovely fish, fun to watch, fun to see them interact, interesting spawning behaviour.

well.. I have kept a wide variatey of fishies...

Live bearers
Guppy's
Molly's
Playties
Tetras
Lemon
Lamp eye
black skirt
neon
black neon
Barb
tiger
cherry
rosey glass
Cichlids
Angel
Dwarf
Rams
Corries
albino
green
emerald
spotted
Other
betta
gourami (gold, powder blue and flame)
chinese sucker ( I WOULD NOT RECOMEND)
pleco
otto
Australian rainbow
coolie loach
Danios
Mountian minnow
african dwarf frog
goldfish
I THINK thats it.......

I have a Tiger Barb tank with YO-YO loaches in with them.

In the other tank i have my Clown Loaches, Skunk Botia's, Pictus catfish, Haplo catfish, a catfish from the Synodontis family(dont know which, need to ID him). with Large Tinfoils at the mo but thinking of changing them for something else(dont know what yet) as they are getting to big.

If I was you with money and mantance no object, go for a 6'x2'x2' Sunken tree effect tank with Discus and a good shoal of Neon Tetras(one of my favorite fish of all time).

I 100% agree with catfish_mad! I recomend that to everyone LOL although I (this is me though) would add german blue rams to that also!

if you want a wierd and cool fish, get a bichir or a black ghost knife. they are carniverous fish though, and will eat smaller fish.
clown loaches are amazing and fun to watch also.

I have found that Black Ghost Knife fish are to look after, I have never been able to keep one no more than a month. They are stunning fish when at any size.

Most reactions

Back