What Kind Of Cat Do You Recommend?

Kati

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am researching different fish to keep my impatience with the cycling process at bay! I would like to get a cat-fish or even a cat-fish family and would like your opinion. I have had Bristlenose in the past and loved how they took care of the algae for me. Any other cats that would do the same?

Thanks

Oh of course, wasn't thinking.

I have only got 1 lonely molly at the moment but I am very interested in Silver Dollars and guppies. In my old tank the pH seemed to settle at around 7 (although the new one which is only been running 3 days is at about 7.2 at the moment). The tank is about 24g.

get two of them and put them in a big tank, no water tho coz they don't like getting wet

Hi all,

I am researching different fish to keep my impatience with the cycling process at bay! I would like to get a cat-fish or even a cat-fish family and would like your opinion. I have had Bristlenose in the past and loved how they took care of the algae for me. Any other cats that would do the same?

Thanks
well you could have a gang of cory, say six. you could add a banjo cat too, they get to over 6 inches but don't need much room, to be honest they don't move much. but they are an interesting and large fish you can keep in 24g. a Upside Down synos, uds cat, if you float some plants on top, will do fine. Glass cats too, though you need several to school and they can get to six inches, so maybe not. you have already mentioned plecos, just ensure they don't grow over 5 inches, 4 would be better.

if its for algae control a common bn as you have already mentioned will do this to a certain extent.

Most reactions

Back