What Kind Of Betta Is He?

comocrayfish5

Fish Addict
Reaction score
this is King of Everything who passed away a few months ago and i loved him and his color! it is amazing that he was from Walmart :blush: . i know he is a CT but i think he was also a HM too because his tail went the whole 180 degrees (unlike it shows in the pics)... :wub:

DSCN2963.jpg

DSCN2962.jpg

Frank Flaring:

DSCN0222.jpg

DSCN0223.jpg

and yes that is metallic blue in between the ridges in his tail!

First pic is a crown-tail (pla kat kmer) second is a Veil Tail. May i ask what size the tanks are you are using? :)

May i ask what size the tanks are you are using? :)

frank (the VT) is in a bowl that is about 2.5 gal (9.4 L) and candy (the female not shown, and george also not shown) are in 1.5 gal (5.6 L) tanks. i do not have bigger tanks for them, nor do i personally believe in putting my bettas in 5+gal tanks.....

that is just what i believe no matter what anyone says. my tanks are cleaned very often and all (except the bowl) has a filter. :|

Why don't you believe in larger tanks for Bettas? Seems to me the more room they have the more personality they develop.

Why don't you believe in larger tanks for Bettas? Seems to me the more room they have the more personality they develop.

thats true with any fish. i dont mind if others do it, but if you gave me a 5 or 10 gal, i would put other fish in it not just one betta. to me that is a waste of space even if they do have more personality. i dont believe in tiny stereotypical containers that they come in, or anything that size. trust me- when i see a betta with an inch of water in the tiny containers they are sold in, it really makes me mad. that and when i go to the store and see dead ones.. :sick: i think an appropriate size tank is a 1-2.5 gal unless you are doing a female betta community tank :wub: . i dont want to sound like a mean person, but that is just what i think. ;)

thats true with any fish. i dont mind if others do it, but if you gave me a 5 or 10 gal, i would put other fish in it not just one betta. to me that is a waste of space even if they do have more personality. i dont believe in tiny stereotypical containers that they come in, or anything that size. trust me- when i see a betta with an inch of water in the tiny containers they are sold in, it really makes me mad. that and when i go to the store and see dead ones.. :sick: i think an appropriate size tank is a 1-2.5 gal unless you are doing a female betta community tank :wub: . i dont want to sound like a mean person, but that is just what i think. ;)
you could put other fish in it and a betta ;)

my 10 gallon has a school of glow light tetras and the betta, and 2 female apistogramma cacatuoides (I know they technically need a bigger tank, but they were in my 37 gallon, and I had to take my female convicts tank down to make way for the 75 gallon, and the convict would murder the apistos.)

I might even be getting a school of pygmy cories for it eventually.

I don't necessarily agree that a larger tank allows for more personality. My HM boy was fine until I put him into a 10g tank. He turned into a neurotic mess. He hides nearly all the time. I'm very close to moving him into the 2.5g I had him in initially.

More space = more bettas! in a 10 gal you just divide it up and have 2 ;) I have 4 in my 15 gal and I have 3 15 gals :lol:

frank (the VT) is in a bowl that is about 2.5 gal (9.4 L) and candy (the female not shown, and george also not shown) are in 1.5 gal (5.6 L) tanks. i do not have bigger tanks for them, nor do i personally believe in putting my bettas in 5+gal tanks.....

that is just what i believe no matter what anyone says. my tanks are cleaned very often and all (except the bowl) has a filter. :|
1.5g tank is not much bigger then the tiny bowls there sold in. How would you like to spend ur life in 1 tiny room which is basically what your doing lol

1.5g tank is not much bigger then the tiny bowls there sold in. How would you like to spend ur life in 1 tiny room which is basically what your doing lol

hmm not really; the bowls that they are sold in around here are pretty small...

i agree. my veiltail Squishy (my 3yr old named him) is in a 5 gallon right now with just some ghost shrimp until we can decide what to put in with him and he has developed so well! he's got his little bubble nest in one corner and we can hand feed him. and when you sit down next to his tank (its on an end table between our sofa's) he swims right over like he's gonna strike up a conversation with you! i dont believe that any fish should be kept in little containers or bowls. i guess its not so bad if you have him in a 2.5gallon with a filter but im sure he would appreaciate more room to roam around!

not believing fish should be kept in little bowls is i guess what got me into trouble when i bought him.....if ihad enough tank space i would have bought the store outta bettas!

I have my male in a Fluval Spec which is 2 gallons and has a filter. He likes it so far as he builds his bubble nests :)

and when you sit down next to his tank (its on an end table between our sofa's) he swims right over like he's gonna strike up a conversation with you!

my fry love to do this and they will follow your finger up and down (its my 'touchscreen' tank). they are at the bottom level then when you walk past, they swim up to the top :lol:

p.s-love the name Squishy!!

Most reactions

Back