What is your ideal tank?

alabaster said:
that tank would be several hundred miles long, as its ten million billion gallons. And it still wouldn't hold all the discarded fish you discribed! :D :lol:
Wouldnt it be easier to go to the sea?

Id love a huge SW tank. 2000gallons+.

The reef system would be large enough for me to snorkel in and would comprise 15% of my house! :p Filled with stony/soft corals, inverts and truck loads of fish. With a sump to match! :D which would basically comprise a mini ecosystem of its own based upon a mangrove biotope. Full of mangrove trees, crabs, crustacea, and anything in the mangroves and its in! A giant MM system! :lol:

You can always dream...... :p

I think id probably have a beautifall rocky 55 gallon cichlid tank, im a busy man and havnt got time to manage anything too big.

i have a dream tank: a pipe fish tanks. I'll keep some long plants and some pipe fish. The setting is very calm and peacful! :p Once I have enough money and there're pipe fish available...

i would love somthin such as cfc describes, the idea of a properly flowing tank!!! sounds awesome

Otp

I would love one of those tanks that are the entire wall with salt water fish and coral... along with my several other freshwater tanks!

CFC that tank sounds amazing! I would love a natural tank such as that, which holds different substrates and sections of natural water, like the sunken forrest. It would be absolutely awesome. Natural tanks, i think, are cool just because you are recreated nature properly and so something like that would be my dream tank! Realistically lol, if i had unlimited finance i would probably opt for something a little different. I'd have several 20'x5'x5' tanks. One with loads of oscars, one with like a thousand corydoras and argh i just cant decide!

dman

I'd have two tanks. A FW and a SW. Both would be approx olympic swimming pool sized and each would have different zones for different fish. I like the idea of having to go to see the fish in their world rather than peering through the window of a tank side. Scuba diving in your tank must be such a wonderful experience! Imagine having two territorial fish in your tank who may never meet each other! Or watching as a thousand strong shoal of tetra dart past you to escape a feeding pike cichlid.
Look what you've done now. I've gone all dreamy!

WK

P.S.
Whitey.
Don't worry about maintenance. If you can afford two 3 million litre tanks the you can afford a few bods to keep it clean. personally I'd have two Ursula Andress (Honey Ryder) lookalikes in bikinis on the SW tank and a couple of Charlotte Uhlenbroeks on the FW tank.

Ahhhh, going dreamy again.........

Hmmmm if i was a billionaire, i would buy a giant warehouse and store and 500,000 gallon saltwater tank and fill it with tons of coral and live rock and create a barrier-reef and put thousands and thousands of fish in, all kinds, sizes and species to create a realistic underwater world, BUT like someone said, be able to scubadive inside and study the life in great detail without the fear of shark attacks, money or time.

Oh yes.

Most reactions

Back