What Is Your Favorite Type Of Cichlid?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

thelaw

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hello i just want to know what your top 5 favorite type of cichlid there are no rules they can be African south american central american of north american any ware there are cichlids they can be small like a ram or a monster like a dovii my list would be 5. jack Dempsey 4. common Oscar/ wild Oscar 3.green terror 2. trimac 1. dovii so it would be 5 being you least favorite out of them and 1 being you favorite if you have not realized i love large cichlid.           

1. African Xmas fulu
2. African German red
3. African yellow lab
4. Central american jaguar cichlid
5. African frontosa cichlid

RRaquariums said:
1. African Xmas fulu
2. African German red
3. African yellow lab
4. Central american jaguar cichlid
5. African frontosa cichlid
sweet all very cool fish i have a jaguar cichlid.

EllieJellyEllie said:
1- Red Devil
2- Oscar
3- Yellow Lab
4- Dovii
5- Flowerhorn
awesome i did not know you liked red devil more than Oscar all very cool.

EllieJellyEllie said:

1- Red Devil
2- Oscar
3- Yellow Lab
4- Dovii
5- Flowerhorn
awesome i did not know you liked red devil more than Oscar all very cool.

Red devils are my favorite by far
smile.png

cool they are really cool i want one if i ever get a chance i will get one but i am more into the blues and greens 

1. Electric Blue Jack Dempsey. Really my absolute favorite fish period, I waited 3 1/2 years before one showed up in the Philippines!
2. Blue Rams. The first cichlids I've owned, and the fish the got me into cichlids. Amazing natural coloration and patterns, and heaps of personality for tiny fish.
3. Severums. Attractive, peaceful, but tough enough to hold its own, severums make great wet pets, and tank mates for larger cichlids
4. Convicts. The first cichlids I bred (I'm sure countless others can say the same!) I learned so much about cichlids behavior from these guys.
5.Psittacus. Another dream fish of mine, the original parrot cichlid is one very attractive and interesting looking  fish.

Here's a picture of some. You like blues and greens right? You'll love these guys. I have a supplier in my country but they get large (14"), and somewhat aggressive apparently and I need a bigger tank for them.

Attachments

• cichlid-Parrot.jpg
    cichlid-Parrot.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 89
AeonMapa said:
Here's a picture of some. You like blues and greens right? You'll love these guys. I have a supplier in my country but they get large (14"), and somewhat aggressive apparently and I need a bigger tank for them.
wow you have my favorite reply you went deeper then others sharing more then just your favorites good job.  

Yellow labs. They're the only ones I've ever kept though..

TallTree01 said:
Yellow labs. They're the only ones I've ever kept though..
thats ok you can pick fish you have not kept i have owned none of the fish i picked. 

All favorites
1. Geophagus - All
2. Discus (green, snakeskin, royal blue, turquoise, checkerboard, heckel, brown, pigeon blood, pretty much anything but plain)
3. Eletric blue jack dempsey
4. Kribensis
5. Super red Severum

@sawickib I got three out of your 5 with me right now! 
smile.png
super red, electric blue and geophagus surinamensis

Attachments

• WIN_20140411_201114 (2).JPG
    WIN_20140411_201114 (2).JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 79
  • WIN_20140423_123218 (2).JPG
    WIN_20140423_123218 (2).JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 84
Wow they look awesome aeon! I want to get a 3 more geophagus for my little guy really bad, i keep geophagus jurupari, hes in my profile pic haha

That dempsey is pretty young huh

And the severum is cool, i just dont have money atm for a super red haha

Most reactions

Back