What Is Your Dream Tank?

CFC's for me with rays and aro's in

10000 gallon tank, 3 quaters full with alligator snapping turtles, pike, and large mouth bass.

About 20'x15'x8' would do me just fine, a large sunken tree and sandy areas on the bottom for decoration with lots of tall thin plants around the edges.
I would probably do a midium/large predator tank, though I've always thought it would be interesting to have a native tank, so maybe some pike (esox lucius) or perch would be nice.

EDIT: forgot to say my dream tank would be hooked up to an automatic water change system.

The title says it all.......

After directing a member to pictures of my dream tank, I thought it would be nice to share others too.....

Here's my dream tank.......

[URL="http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194775"]http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194775[/URL]

I think it is pure perfection and aspire to something like this, maybe not marine though (because I don't know the first thing about it!)

What is yours???

If the measurements of that tank were changed into feet instead of inches then it would do me nicely :D

we've had something like this before... and I'll infringe upon someone elses favorite... "the ocean"

600L Saltwater fish-only tank. I really want to do this someday and probably will have a go at it. The saltwater puffers and eels and the like r so cool. I wouldnt have the mind to hassle with inverts, so I would want just fish

I have often toyed with the idea of having a marine inverts tank, but coz I don't know the first thing about marine i'm very unsure. Maybe if I do my homework first! :rolleyes:

The title says it all.......

After directing a member to pictures of my dream tank, I thought it would be nice to share others too.....

Here's my dream tank.......

[URL="http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194775"]http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194775[/URL]

I think it is pure perfection and aspire to something like this, maybe not marine though (because I don't know the first thing about it!)

What is yours???

I remember that tank on TFF a while ago; he did or still does post on here. Anyway, I'd go native and have a tank featuring the inhabitants of the Flower Garden Banks of the Gulf Coast... that would probably have to be huuuge.

I visited Lisbon Oceanarium in january, and decided that i wanted to live there! :p But seriuosly, like lots of other people, I would love a marine tank but the thought scares me! :p Also, I would like to have a tank in every room of the house, something different in each! :)

My grandfather has both of my dream tanks. One is a 500 gallon marine tank that I fell in love with when I was a kid, and begged my parents to let me get a fish tank of my own, and why I bought a tank as soon as I got my own house (even though it annihilated my video game and beer budget for several months).

The other is in his sun room. The room was built over the concrete slab that was originally a patio, and he cut through the slab and built a koi pond right in there. It's beautiful, rockwork, plants and all, and with a lot of messy trees and poor rain quality, infinitely easier to maintain than an outdoor pond. I love the idea, and in theory I could do that here (My den was built over a patio the same way), but my cat would almost certainly view anything like that as a free dinner buffet. Outdoor ponds are out of the question due to the number of stray cats in the area.

I'd just love to have a big enough tank to hold half a dozen silver sharks, I saw some in my LFS and fell head over heels for them. They were only about 4 inches long but the way they moved was enough...

First of all I'll need a house with a front room big enough to hold the tank. Much as the idea of a floor tank sounds nice, I want a tank at eye line in the front room. The tropical tank I'm setting up at the moment is a few feet to the left of the TV and I'm having a hard time watching it when my danio's keep distracting me.

Although (pure fantasy) a small swimming pool sized tank that you can swim in, and is surrounded on all three sides by a living/dining room sounds nice.
Come on my lucky numbers...

Most reactions

Back