What Is This Fish

bally

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi

i bought 10 of these fish last year believeing them to be baby bristlenose, but they havent grown in the slightest, there are only about 5 left alive.

can anyone identify them, i dont beleive they are bristlenose

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 62
I dont think its a snowball pleco, they tend to have larger more perfect spots, to me it really does look like a bristle nose, what sized tank do you have them in and other tank inhabitants? I find with large numbers of BN once they hit around the 5cm mark they do tend to slow down in growth, at least until they can be seperated out into smaller groups or put into larger tank.

P1050439.jpg

above one of my young BN's in comparison to an adult male fighter

Also what have you been feeding them? I find BN's are not purely vegetarian and like a bit of protien in thier diet too.

hi,

sorry i never got back quicker, thank you for all teh replies. i have 5 of these and they live in a 240 lts tank. Other fish in the tank are guppies, kullis, few mollies and neons, and 1 grown BN.

these 5 are well over a year old now and are no bigger than 2-3 cm. My other BN grow v fast and his tenticles developed early (ish), i could see he was a BN from the start. Maybe these 5 are feel over crowded. Thank you anyway

Most reactions

Back