What Is The Price Of Cardinals In Your Area?

Reaction score
Went to my LFS today for some shoaling fish. Was thinking of some cardinals. Got the and saw they had some nice looking ones in the tanks!

They were 6 for £21... i was like O MY GOD.. what a rip off. I can remember the last time i brought cardinals about a year ago, they were about 50p more then neons!

Instead I got some neons.. 10 for £9 and got a free one too.

Anyone experiencing these high prices?

I bought a pair of RAMS for £14 and the next day in a diffeent branch they were £25 for a pair beause they came from a different supplier

They were around $10+ in my area for a while. All the stores got them wild caught, they were in horrible condition, never seemed to acclimate to the local water conditions, and most of them died after a few days in the store, so the price was jacked up to cover the losses. The last month or so the price has dropped to $5.

£2.50 each here. They were on offer at Maiden Head Aquatics in Radyr at 8 for £10 not long ago, so i bought 16. EVERY SINGLE ONE died! theres no reason why they would die in my tank as all the stats are stable and the tank is what i would call mature. (also took out a couple of neons)

£2.50 each here. They were on offer at Maiden Head Aquatics in Radyr at 8 for £10 not long ago, so i bought 16. EVERY SINGLE ONE died! theres no reason why they would die in my tank as all the stats are stable and the tank is what i would call mature. (also took out a couple of neons)

Same problem plagued the ones in my area for a long time. I finally got a good (maybe even right) explanation out of one dealer - the bulk of them were wild caught and arrived in Michigan in poor shape and acclimated to very soft water. People with discus tanks softened with R/O water had good luck with them, but they rarely survived being acclimated to the hard tap water.

Around £1.50 - £2.00 each around here.
I'd tell the LFS where to shove them at 6 for £21.

:good:

£2.75 each here --- looks like the most expensive so far..
then they wil lower it to 2.15 if you'll purchase 9 above

:unsure:

robbery ehh! welcome to London!!!

Most reactions

Back