What Is The Cheepest Easyest To Care For Anemone

black molly3

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i want an anemone for my tank but my light is only rather low and im only new to marine. what is an easy to care for cheepest anemone what doesnt need hight intensity light.
can anyone answer plz
thanks

Aiptasia...

Even the easiest of decorative nems should not be kept in low-light situations. If you want that "look", get a hammer, frogspawn, torch, or long tentacled plate coral.

so i could get frogspawn or a tourch anemone. i have had aiptasa but i killed it with joes juice as i have read they become a pain and over run the tank also whats a hammer

How about a Toadstool leather. Looks like a nem but doesn't require very high lighting and are fairly peaceful. I'll post a pic of mine in a few minutes for you.

As Ski said nem's need MH lighting and you also need to rid your tank of powerheads but still retain flow.

whats a hilade sorry i havent got a clue. how much was your toadstool leather

o i found out now ill have a quick look on ebay. just to make sure is it a bulb

has this got a mains plug or is it just the bulb and also where could i put it and what wattage bulb would i need for a 28 liter tank

has this got a mains plug or is it just the bulb and also where could i put it and what wattage bulb would i need for a 28 liter tank

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/150-W-HQI-METAL-HALI...1QQcmdZViewItem

with this you would just need to change the lamp/bulb. dont know too much on the nano sizes so this maybe over kill, im sure i will get corrected. i believe you can get hold of 70w halides just dont know where from.

this link might help you
http://www.fishforums.net/Diy-Your-Own-Met...nt-t147420.html

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sorry Toadstol was £20 (sorry bout the cyano in the pic still fighting it)

Powerheads tend to liquify passing nems. It is best to either find an alternative or take precautions to cover the inlet have a look here good site in general for nems

ok thanks for all the info i think i will be ing a toadstool then
thanks for all your help once again

i think i seen one in my lfs but it was massive and expensive can you frag these corals. also do if you can frag them do you think i should ask the man to frag it and sell me it for cheeper. and one final thing what is the proper way to frag it incase he frags it wrong and tries to rip me off
thanks

i think i seen one in my lfs but it was massive and expensive can you frag these corals. also do if you can frag them do you think i should ask the man to frag it and sell me it for cheeper. and one final thing what is the proper way to frag it incase he frags it wrong and tries to rip me off
thanks

Mine was around 6"'s when I bought it but was the smallest in the shop it's probably worth asking if they can order a small one in for you. There is a fragging video here

Most reactions

Back