What Is A Betta ?

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
what is a betta ?
are they ................. fighting fish ????

how many gallon do they live in
&
i know you can nt put them toghter but can they live all on there lone

I'm a newbie too, but keeping tropical fish is soooo addictive isn't it!
I'm definitely not the most knowledgeable person on this, and i'm sure you'll get much better repies but...
yes Betta's are Siamese Fighting Fish
check out this link

Betta's

basically the best advice i had for fish you are thinking of buying is google them first, you'll find out so much so quickly doing that and reading the advice of all the experts on this site.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, it's the only way to learn!!
Hope you love the beautiful bettas
Cheers
LU

i think keeping them on their own in one of the best ways of keeping them in a 1-5 gallon tank i think, but that web site should tell you more.

uk or usa i meann the g

Betta's
that tell me everthing thanks :D

i have never been got at maths
prob way way off
but is it like 1/2 ft each side :crazy:

Bettas have many different species. Males have the longer wavy fins, females have short ones. They like warm water and bloodworms by the way. :p

Bettas have many different species. Males have the longer wavy fins, females have short ones. They like warm water and bloodworms by the way. :p
Not always, there are an endless variety of betta and it is the "mutts" veiltail bettas the have wavy fins. Most males have larger fins than females but like the plakats some males have short fins.

123, You'll find lots of info on the betta section of this site including FAQs and the like.

Most reactions

Back