What Has Happened To Fish Prices In The Uk?

All the more reason to buy via "VickiandKev" if plausible when they have acess to prices like http://www.wholesale-tropical-fish.co.uk/price_list.htm (which need VAT adding to them, plus some appreciation money for this couple, who offer this great service for us on the forum)
good.gif

so how do u go about ordering through the forum?? and in what quantities are required???

Here in East London my lfs has just one size of clown loach. about 2" and they're £4.95 each or 3 for £12. For £14 I'd want quite a big chunky clown!

I manage a fish area in a garden center we sell
clown loaches for £5.94 each (about 4"),
neon teras, glowlights and black neons are 99p each or 10 for £8,
common plecs (6" average) £1.99
normal goldfish £1.60
golden gourami's £2.49
rosy tetras £1.49
bronze corys £2.49

Our markup is generally slightly double what we buy them in for to make up for feeding them and losses etc

our supplier did send me a letter though explaining recent rises and its something to do with transport and new legislation or something i cant remember exactly but its the breeders who are putting prices up abroad that is doing it

i live in northern ireland and i go to fish shop in ballymena and the prices are so so much higher than all of those prices, but they are good quality fish and i dont mind paying for that but when the prices are triple the prices in england its outragious.

All the more reason to buy via "VickiandKev" if plausible when they have acess to prices like http://www.wholesale.../price_list.htm (which need VAT adding to them, plus some appreciation money for this couple, who offer this great service for us on the forum)
good.gif

so how do u go about ordering through the forum?? and in what quantities are required???

You need to contact "VickiandKev" who are based in North London and find out when they are next coming my way to Fareham, which is only 30 minutes from my home. Consequently, I met them there, so I have no idea how they normally supply bought fish to others ;)

As for minmum quantities, well I don't think there are any, as I'm sure these guys will only do a trip when its worth while for them and anyone who wants something.

Yeah prices here all over the place between the few shops i use.

One is £1.25 for a Neon or 6 for £6 other is 10 for a fiver

Corys cost about £4 Each rising to about £7 for rarer ones

Seen one shop selling Clowns for £7.50 3"-4" and another selling same for £4.50

the one place that had the best prices in the area, has closed down.

Flying Foxes = £1
Neons = £3 for 5
Clown Loaches =£3

now i have to travel for my fish and shrimp needs.

Most reactions

Back