What Foodfor My Fish?

Dan-CR4

Fishaholic
Reaction score
just need some recommendations on the type of food i need for my fish?

I got....

8x Mollies
4x Bolivain Rams
2x Keyhole Cichlids

I will be getting this week, either an L340 pleco or a Bristlenose. (waiting on someone to get back to me)

What i got so far is just normal tropical flake food and some frozen beefheart with bloodworm.

I just want to make sure that all fish are getting the right foods they need, so for my fish what would you all recommend? also how often and what should I be giving them, i dont want to overfeed but dont want the little fellas to go hungry.

thanks

Danny

Flake food or worms. Fish can eat some vegtibales so thats another idea. also for the pleco they eat algue flakes.

Luke

I feed mine flakes, bloodworm, a frozen pellet style food, and cichlid pellets.

And each day it's just a matter of which comes to hand first.

You will need meaty foods as well as flake for your Cichlids and Rams - such as frozen bloodworm, daphnia, shrimp brine, chopped muscles, beef heart, glass worms - anthing like that. You buy them in frozen cubes - just defrost one ( which will be ample for your fish - the others will eat it too) All fish also love earthworm tablets which you can buy dried on Ebay if you cant get them elsewhere.

You will need algae tablets and fresh veg for your BN Plecs - they are all individuals but mine love courgette, cucumber, sweet potato, water melon, yellow peppers all raw, but experiment with all veg you will soon find out the favourites!.

I feed once a day every day except for one day a week when I dont feed at all. Feed a litle at a time until they lose interest - that way you dont have lots of uneaten food lying at the bottom of the tank.

Most reactions

Back