What Fish?

antinator

Reaction score
Hi I have a 60l biorb tank what king of fish would be suitable, I definately want a betta fish so not too many flowing finned fish please :D I'm after so weird and 'WOW' factor fish, I like the look of baloon mollies but if there is anything people can suggest I'd love to know! (I would only appriciate info from somebody who knows a little about the biorb as I've been given poor info previously for example putting a pleco in there!)

Last year i went to a guys house who have a 60L biorb, he kept in it a group of roughly 7 dwarf gourami's. It looked pretty spectacular, don't know how a fighter would react to these though. If you like betta's you could get a sorority of females?

Females don't have nothing on the look of a male ;) I know I can keep a male one I just would like some suggestions to what wlse would go

I am new to this forum, but I think I can take a crack at this thread. I would not try and mix dwarf gourami with betta splendens as will likely fight each other. The male betta and male gourami like to be the lone long, colorfully finned fish in a tank this size (however, others say they have placed several of these fish together in larger tanks, but I would still not recommend it).
As for your original question, I am not familiar with the balloon molly, but I would suggest you take a look at a shoal of panda corydoras. I find these fish to be very interesting to look at (they have a black spot over their eyes, hence the name). From what I understand all corys tend to school. Thus, I think you can get away with a nice shoal of 6 or so in you 60L, anyone else please correct me if I am wrong.
(just reread the bit about info from someone who knows something about a biorb...I unfortunately do not, but the above is my two-cents).

I have a group of 8 Julii coryes they don't always school but tend to switch how big their group is every time I turn to look at my tank. Well on the the betta part I wouldn't put a male betta with a females since there will be problems and lots of stress for the females and maybe even one of the females killing the male

i only want one male betta, i might go with the corys as they seem werd and wonderful,as for the balloon mollie if u havent seen one they are worth ashot the look stange and wonderful fun! i was also looking into maybe just gettin one tropicl piranha but again is there such thing? and maybe is there a dwarf variety? id love to own one inmy little 60l tank by itself

You really can't keep cories in a biorb; the substrate (that you need for the filtration) is far too large and rough for their barbels.

#39#### is this really meaning i can only hve tetras/mollies and danios :( booooooo

You really can't keep cories in a biorb; the substrate (that you need for the filtration) is far too large and rough for their barbels.
That's not entirely true, you could keep cories in a Biorb but you would have to buy enough stones to cover all of the substrate, this may make it harder for you but it is still feasible :good:

Your choice

Well...it dpends on the danio species you're looking at but, in general I wouldn'r recommend them for a biorb either..especially the zebras.

There are lots of really, really nice fish you can keep in there; here's a few; ember tetra, chilli rasbora, dwarf emerald rasbora, celestial pearl danio, otocinclus, betta, green or normal neon tetra, but there's a very, very good reason why most experienced fishkeepers don't have biorbs, and you've just discovered it...

That's not entirely true, you could keep cories in a Biorb but you would have to buy enough stones to cover all of the substrate, this may make it harder for you but it is still feasible :good:

Your choice

I, personally, am of the opinion that Corydoras should be kept on a sand substrate only.

Well...it dpends on the danio species you're looking at but, in general I wouldn'r recommend them for a biorb either..especially the zebras.

There are lots of really, really nice fish you can keep in there; here's a few; ember tetra, chilli rasbora, dwarf emerald rasbora, celestial pearl danio, otocinclus, betta, green or normal neon tetra, but there's a very, very good reason why most experienced fishkeepers don't have biorbs, and you've just discovered it...

Your choice

I, personally, am of the opinion that Corydoras should be kept on a sand substrate only.

I agree, I remember that a friend of mine (he had never seen this forum) tried to keep some Cories in a Biorb without any protection and within a few days they really didn't look well, thankfully he listened to me nagging him to take them back to the shop and eventually sold the fish and his tank and bought a fluval instead which was much better. Fishkeeper4567 also tried this and his didn't last long even with stones covering the substrate.

Anyone who had corys in a biorb certainly wouldnt get put on my xmas list ;)

the only reasoni havethe biorb is a really dontlike the look of rectangular tanks plus it wouldnt go with my living room very well, im stuck with the world of biorb:( having said tht it looks pretty impressive and i think that is what swayed me into keeping fish as pets so its not all bad :cool: :cool:

Most reactions

Back