What Fish?

[/quote]
I really like my scooter blennie and my shrimps. My brittle stars are wicked cool. I prefere the blueleg hermit crabs they move a lot more than anything else in my tank. I also have a Yellow tang but he is very shy. The Butterfly fish just started eating today and is one of the hardest fish to keep in a fish tank. The Tang kinda pick on him a lot, but as they get to know each other it's less and less everyday.
[/quote]

How big is you tank? It sound really cool!

Yellow_tang.jpg

how about the doimino damselfish

p_70145.jpg

i paid £4 for mine

also the humbug damselfish

daruanus.jpg

also in the same price racket

how about the doimino damselfish

p_70145.jpg

i paid £4 for mine

also the humbug damselfish

daruanus.jpg

also in the same price racket

Damsels are not good beginner fish unless you're going to stock other aggressive fish. I've heard alot of people complaining about LFS recommended damsels as first fish, then they find out they cause havoc with anything you add to the tank.

Good beginner fish, as I've read, are clowns, firefish, bangaii cardinals, royal grammas, some wrasses, gobies... there are probably loads more...

There is a list of what to avoid, pinned at the top of this forum. Might be worth a read.

In a 54 Litre tank you are only going to be able to keep 2 - 3 fish & they will have to be small

Clowns, Firefish etc are what you should be looking at

No Tangs, Lionfish etc

have a lookie at the Nano Section on Liveaquaria

Cheers ranger-what sort of price are these fish???

For me they are all under $10 U.S. I have no clue what they would cost over where you live, sorry. Check your LFS, they are common fish and should be in stock.

EDIT: On second thought, I don't really know what LFS's are like in the UK. But they are common here! Good Luck!

Yeah, gobies, clowns, and MAYBE a flasher wrasse depending on how long the tank is.

Most reactions

Back