What Fish?

Joemuz

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Im just seting up a marine tank and dont know what fish to start of with? Can any one offer some advice on species of fish and how much they cost??? :good: Thanks a lot Joemuz

Attachments

• firefish.jpg
    firefish.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Yellow_tang.jpg
    Yellow_tang.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 46
The fire fish needs a mature setup and is about £14.99 here. The yellow tang is hardy and is about £25.

Oh great! :hyper: What other fish do you recomend, also do you have any pictures??? I realy would like to see them if you have!

Very true, but the firefish need a more mature aquarium, also can jump so you will need a hood

What makes you say Firefish require a mature tank ?

Also I have 2 in my open top :good:

Im just seting up a marine tank and dont know what fish to start of with? Can any one offer some advice on species of fish and how much they cost??? :good: Thanks a lot Joemuz

What size of tank are you going to have

Reef or Fish Only

Preditory or Community

Any fish you defo want ?

I have to fire fish andthey were the first fish I addid to my tank

As Chac said depending on what sort of tank its going to be and the size will determin your choise of fish

[/quote]
What size of tank are you going to have

Reef or Fish Only

Preditory or Community

Any fish you defo want ?
[/quote]

I would love yellow tangs, firefish & seahorses. :hyper: And the tank should be 54 litres approx. But i dont know which marine fish are preditory and which are community??? :no: HELP ME!!!!! :no: Cheers Joemuz

"I would love yellow tangs, firefish & seahorses. And the tank should be 54 litres approx. But i dont know which marine fish are preditory and which are community??? HELP ME!!!!! Cheers Joemuz"

Well in a 54l tank ANY tang is out of the question. Firefish would be ok you could have 2 or 3, As seahorses (SH) go You'll have to have a special tank for them b/c they are slow eaters and if you house them with fish the fish will eat all the food. Also SH's arn't very good swimmers and so the flow needs to be quite low.

You might want to look at things like Gobys or the smaller Clownfish.

Oh... how much do clown fish cost and what other fish could i keep? What about lion fish? :fish:
lion_fish.jpg

Oh... how much do clown fish cost and what other fish could i keep? What about lion fish? :fish:
View attachment 40091
Haha, is that one of the pics I just took at my local aquarium? lol. From what i've heard lion fish are pretty hardy and easy to keep (just watch out for the barbs). As for the clownfish I would recommend a tank raised percula (a pair rather), they're pretty hardy.

EDIT: Nvm, just saw the watermark thingy on the pic.

I really like my scooter blennie and my shrimps. My brittle stars are wicked cool. I prefere the blueleg hermit crabs they move a lot more than anything else in my tank. I also have a Yellow tang but he is very shy. The Butterfly fish just started eating today and is one of the hardest fish to keep in a fish tank. The Tang kinda pick on him a lot, but as they get to know each other it's less and less everyday.

Most reactions

Back