What Fish To Put?

intsikto

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i just bought a small aquarium which is 9.5x5x5. i am planning to put it in my rum, thats y its small.
can anyone suggest what fish to put there? preferably that does not need air like bettas..
guppi,neon tetras, zebras? tnx!!

there's a link in my sig about fish suitable for small tanks, that should give you some ideas

Hi intsikto

In my new tank ive found out that black phantom tetras are quite hardy fish they can withstand high PH in your tanks
or another fish is black widows aswell there good as well.

I'm assuming that you are talking about inches in your measurements?
or another fish is black widows aswell there good as well.
Black widow tetras actually get quite big in respect of their height and therefore waste output which will quickly fill up the stocking level of a small tank

How about African Dwarf Frogs, or snails, or maybe a female platy. Those are the only ideas I could really come up with so have fun with finding something to put in. Be sure to research the fish before you get it though, so you don't end up with something that is gonna outgrow your tank. :book:

:good:

Will you have a filter on this at all? I wouldn't suggest neon tetras as they like to shoal and need about at least 6 in a group to make it work well. Guppies can breed a lot if you get a male and female, so maybe you could get just a male or two.

I'm assuming the measurements are in inches? If so, then that only works out to about a 1G tank which will restrict you to what you can keep.
There isn't really any fish suitable for that size but you could get a couple of snails or an African Dwarf frog.

Most reactions

Back