What Fish Should I Get

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

snork6

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I have a 10G tank whit a daneo and a balloon Bally Molly I won't to get some mor fish any ideas I do not wont mean fish just Community fish

I would seriously look at rehoming the danio. A ten gallon tank really isn't big enough. Even though they're a small fish, they are very active and need quite a lot of space to swim in.

Some rasboras or smaller tetras would be better. Do you know if your water is hard or soft?

Ok but no do not not wont to tell peeps where I live sorry but thank you

danios need to be in groups of 3 minimum, but its better to have them in 6+ and won't have enough room for the tank, so IMO i would rehome it.

you get only stick to small fish because of the size of the tank, so if you want to have the fish that you want, because they look better then you'll need to upgrade the tank.
you can get guppies, 1 male per 3 females goes with mollies, platies, etc etc. but stay away from the larger breeds of mollies, they get large.
tetras, neon, rasboras.. need a min of 3, but recommended 6.. just looks nicer.
you can get a powder blue gourami, but it really depends on what else you have in the tank.. 
then there are cories, again depends on what else is in the tank.

snork6 said:
the soft or hardness of the water doesn't need to be known of your location i can say i have soft water, but it can be anywhere from Ontario to Alberta.. you'll never know.

the softness and hardness of the water will determine what kind of fish you can get.

LOL I was talking about rehoming the daneo

Just to help out with the water hardness question, you can get the information from your water provider through internet, they will say what your water hardness is with a measurement as well, no location needs to be given at all.
Just say water hardness with the measurements, that is all you need to say, it won't give away your location at all.

Thats good you are thinking of rehoming the danio, he won't be happy in too small a tank on his own.
Most LFS will take him from your hands or you evan re-home to a friend if they have a suitable tank size and a few danios.

snork6 said:
Of course not, very sensible of you
good.gif

But as Ch4rlie says, many LFS will take fish from you.

Well, it's not going to be happy on it's own, and your tank isn't really big enough for zebras
confused.gif

in your other thread here; http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/427333-help/ you've said that the danio is acting 'mean'; that's not going to get any better, unless you add more danios, it'll just lead to any new fish being bullied by it.

Oh you think it is a zebra daneo no it's a long fin daneo

snork6 said:
Oh you think it is a zebra daneo no it's a long fin daneo
Long fin danios are zebras; just ones bred to have long fins as well.

Most reactions

Back