Votes: 2 4.7%
  • kilifish

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • cories

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Your choice (please specify)

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters
If your water parameters allow, I would want a tank of cherry shrimp or whatever other color floats your boat. You can sell the babies. :)

Heterandria Formosa..........usa-USA-USA! Etc
Probably not much sale value for native fish over there though? £15-20 a pair + £15-20 postage over here.

Heterandria Formosa..........usa-USA-USA! Etc
Probably not much sale value for native fish over there though? £15-20 a pair + £15-20 postage over here.
Over here, they usually sell for $5-$15 each. Interesting fish. :fish:

@TheTenthDoctor

With a 10G you really have 2 options - multiple small fish or 1 fish with shrimp / snails for algae eating.

- Amazing little fish to get are Pygmy Corys which only get to about 2cm but unlike some Corys, they shoal and will swim around the tank not just spend all their time at the bottom. They should be kept in groups of 6 or more.
With the Pygmy Corys you could get a male or female betta as a slightly larger “show piece” fish as they don’t occupy the same water space.
- Neon tetras could also be a good option as they grow to about 2cm as well and add great colour, although they won’t do bottom cleaning/feeding like the Pygmy Corys. So shrimp and/or snails (assassin snail) could be a good option to go with them.

- Male guppies could also be an option for a lot of colour and activity and grow to about 2/3cm, again add a snail for algae eating.

Platties and Mollies grow to about 4/6 cm and create a fair bit of waste so probably not the best option and similarly to guppies they will breed like crazy so you only want males or females not a mix.

I appreciate the comments on here can seem judgemental at times so I’m happy for you to message me privately if you’d like to bounce ideas without criticism

I chose other but you could do rocket killis and pygmy cories, Trio of pea puffers, Shell Dwellers, and Pipefish depending on the species and experience level, or a shrimp colony. Also, you can do a kuhli loach tank or a breeding tank for gudgeons, livebearers, or other fish.

Hey yall, I have a 10 gallon tank thats cycling. Its got hard water, a filter, a heater, and live plants. I am going to get the water tested. So I'll know more about what I can put in it then, but in the mean time I am trying to decide what to put in it. So please vote and comment! PS I can put in indian almond leaves to help a betta.
TheTenthDoctor
@PheonixKingZ @AJE @Fishmanic
I would TOTALLY reccomend kuhli loaches, theyre super fun to watch and amazing cleaners! Or african dwarfs/clawed frogs depending on ur taste

I would go with some celestial pearl, gold ring or emerald dwarf danios. Small but active and colorful fish.

Hey yall, I have a 10 gallon tank thats cycling. Its got hard water, a filter, a heater, and live plants. I am going to get the water tested. So I'll know more about what I can put in it then, but in the mean time I am trying to decide what to put in it. So please vote and comment! PS I can put in indian almond leaves to help a betta.
TheTenthDoctor
@PheonixKingZ @AJE @Fishmanic[/USER
[/QUOTE]

Most reactions

Back