What Fish Is Just Not For You?

Fish that humans have bred out of shape, such as fancy guppies with huge tails, fancy goldfish that can barely swim (quite like other goldfish) and BLOOD PARROTS.

Arawanas. They are too big, aggressive, ugly IMO, delicate and expensive.

Wow lots of guppy haters...... I love guppies too much especially with wild types but I don't like fancy ones.

I'm going to have too say any fish that have been bred to the point that they look nothing like the wild version. That means guppies and bettas for me. I don't mind if they've been bred for color like platies, which I love. I also don't mind hybrids so long as they can function.

What's with all the loach hate? Loaches rock. :lol:

I would keep any fish if given the chance, as they're all as amazing as the next, from the livebearers prolific breeding to the mudskippers amphibious nature. It's just that they're amazing in different ways.

I'm quite boring and pretty much like all fish!

Goldfish - unless I had a pond because I know they need a big tank and they all get ear-marked for my Plecos.
Livebearers - I have kept them and they are really pretty but not for me.
Snails - not keen on garden ones, let alone tank ones!
Parrots - not a fan, mainly because the one at work attacks me when I clean his tank!

I'm the other way round to cfc I prefer small fish to large.
Small things come in nice packages lol.

ones that look nice and interesting when small and then grew into gigantic aggressive monsters when they grow up, so i ended up having the trouble rehoming them. ( but i can only blame myself for not researching enough before buying - i have not this mistake since joing the this forum)

Sensitive fish, AKA Fancy Guppies. The only time I'm at home with those blasted guppies, is when the are crossbred with Feeders.

gonna take the freedom of copying geo

bettas (silly little fish)
guppies (brain dead)
platies (though to pygmy ones are cute)
endlers (same as guppies just more expensive)
neon tetras (boring)
Any Hybrids (ewwwy)
Marines (sorry just cba with them)
African Cichlids (same as above, though they are nice to look at)
Danios (bit boring, sorry wolfy!)
Glass Cats (don't want to see the insides of fish tyvm)
Killis (bit boring)

but I'll exclude loaches and ABF and add swordtails and mollies... he forgot them at the boring livebearer list :p

Most reactions

Back