What Filter Is In The Juwel Rekord 80

Maxta

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Just ordered me a new tank, which im sure my cory cats will love me for, and my clown plecos will love me for when they grow bigger.

But what filter is in a Juwel Rekord 80 aquarium? Does anyone have links to a description handy?

Second question, does it have flow control?

Thanks

Maxta :good:

It's a sort of tall black box in the back right hand corner of the tank ( siliconed/glued on). The heater and powerhead sit in it, in one section, and the sponges (that come with it) are stuffed into the other section. (although I have another juwel tank too, and put various media in it, not just sponges, and that seems to be working very well) .The rate is 600lph but there is a sort of optional pipe thing that can be used to alter the direction of the outflow, and thus the turbulence of the water surface (the pipe can be removed completely).

However, it is possible to buy higher-flow Juwel powerheads that will fit and work :good:

Oh right thanks. Yeah knew it was a black box in the corner, was just wondering if it had a specifc name lol. Most rekord tanks have the filter in the corner, just different power (obviously for the sizes of the tank).

Is it easy to access? I mean, for like, bi-weekly maintenance. Also plan to put my old media from stingray into it, to save me from starting from scratch.

Dunno if it has a name :dunno: . It seems reasonably easy to access to me - but I don't have much to compare it to :lol: And yup, I put old media in mine too, for a kick-start :good:

Sweet. I cant wait to get it. Looks alot nicer than my current aquarium, alot more space to work with and create a masterpiece, and more space for the fish to be happier :) Plus the heater and filter in the black box makes the aquarium look tidy, plan to run some tubing through it for my airstone, so no tubes will be visable.

Does the heater, light and filter all work off one plug? I know some aquariums do. Or are they seperate? Just i have a timer for my current light.

Sorry for all the questions, they didnt have one in store that i could inspect. I went there specifically because all the tanks they sell are out displayed, thought just my luck they wouldnt have that one lol.

Three separate plugs - so couldn't be easier to add a timer :good:

Thanks i see now. Wish they had bigger pictures, can hardly make some stuff out. Guess il just have to wait 2 days to see myself :)

Most reactions

Back