What Filter For 60x30x24

teratec ex 1200 is the best value for money 70 quid delivered to your door {charterhouse aquatics online} it performs as good as any of the others for less money, crystal clear water with no algae.

But they dont have the proven reliability of Ehiems, which for a tank of that size i would definitely want.
i have been running the tetratec ex 1200 for a while now on a fully stocked 300 ltr coldwater tank, 2x7inch weather loaches, 2x9inch comets, 3x 8inch shubs, 2x5inch golden sucker loaches and it performs absolutely amazing, quiet, powerful and crystal clear water, as i said you will not find a better filter for 70 quid.

Thats fine on a tank with Goldfish, but when its going to be a tank with Tropical's which can cost substantially more than a hybridised goldfish, i would want reliability over "cheap and cheerful" The Filter is the next most important item after the tank itself. This is something you do not want to save cash on.
tetra are a top brand in fish care weather they are tropical or coldwater and that is why the tetratec comes with a 3 year guarantee

The tetra filters just haven't been on the market long enough for people with expensive livestock to put any trust in them, maybe in a few years if they have proved their pedigree to be as good as Eheim people will think differently but until then when people are spending over £100 on each fish most will choose to put their faith into a brand with 20 years of reliability behind them.

I have a tank that's 60"W x 18"D x 26"H that I have african cichlids in and I have two eheim pro II 2028's on it along with a sponge filter rated for 30 gal. tank( :blush: for an emergency or when I need the fry tank...i can take it from there! :blush: ) I know the sponge filter sounds funny! LOL

The eheim brand has be recommended to me all over the place. I got mind second hand for 1/2 price. The only things I needed to replace were the suction cups(about $3 for a couple) and 1 oring that was $12. They're running awesome now and they are a few years old! Not bad, I'd say! Yea...if you watch ebay or put wanted signs in your LFS if they let you and watch the paper....just basically watchin for people that want to get out of fish keeping, I guess...Good Luck!!! Oh and my filters were run on saltwater before I got them....I was told of TFF to wash them out good and they'll be just fine! Plus, with having more than one filter, maintenace shouldn't be as big of a deal...(since there's still bacteria in your other filter).....Just some ideas for ya!

Hi I got a big Resun UV filter. Its been working spot on so far and fish seem happy, my only complaint is due to way the glass is made the inlet and outlet pipes look a ittle akward and the flow is too strong!!!

You can't go wrong with an Eheim, The mercedes of the filter world. I have an FX5 on my 6x2x2. No problems yet. The build and engineering isn't quite there but you pay less.

the filter I got seems to be doing a decent enough job

what ever filters you buy get 2

2 filters are much better than 1 on any big tank

if you are happy with the filter you have just get another one the same

Most reactions

Back