What Filter Do I Need

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what filter i need for one of my tanks, it's a 170 litre tank.

I have a interpet PF2 internal filter in the house somewhere but i dont know if it would be ok for the tank.

Thanks.

After a quick google search the PF2 is desgned for aquariums up to 90 litres so not suited for your tank. I've had an issue with my new 180 litre tank and I've decided to buy a Tetratec EX700 which is rated up to 250 Litres I believe. Really you might want to consider an external canister filter for that size of tank.

i as advised on this forum for an external. i went for the fluval 305 for my tank which is the same size. Its an excellant filter...so easy to mantain and setup. The filtration of it seems good so far...it cleared my water after setup within a few hours. it is designed for 300litres but as advised on this forum i had live plants and plan on decent stocking so the extra filtration really helps

Yes, I would recommend an external, but it is not necessary... You could buy a PF4 and use the present PF3... Though, it is probably easier to just get an external...

You can get good cheap Extrnal Filters from Zooplus... I would recommend the TetraTec EX700...

Aim for a filter designed for tanks double the size of yours...

This is where I've ordered my EX700 from. £50 with free shipping, and as a new customer you get £3 off first order, so £46.99! Very cheap for this filter :) Should arrive end of this week...

Most reactions

Back