what else?

goin_all_out

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
ok i have a bit of equipment to start up soonish, but not too sure what else i need. i have a 20 tall tall aquarium (same length and width of a 10 but 24 inches high) 15 inch floresent fixture, fluval 104 filter, jager heater, and i cheap glass top. i want to have a heavily planted tank but not sure what else to get? i was thinking of putting in a tall piece of drift wood and putting some jave moss and java fern growing up it. other than thats all i kno for plants. i would like dwarf goramis and maybe so sword tails, havent really thought of anything else. maybe some cardinal tetras. any input would be great, thanx, course that is if u can make sense of my random bables

im a little sceptical of angels, i work in a little pet shop and all too often i hear people replacing fish cause thier angels killed everything

Angels eat neons in the wild as food, so i'd say no to neons at least unless the angels are very young/small.
You could try corys, they need to be in groups of at least 3-4 and there are many hardy types around, you need to feed them catfish pelets as a part of there diet though.

i dont really like angels that much, what about equipment? what else do i need to collect before i start this up?

some equipment that you might want to take into consideration is..
a air pump, air stone, and tubing
if your not a fan of angels maybe a small school of tetras might do well. Swordtails could work with the tetras and then you can have some type of bottom feeder. small pleco/cories/otos etc.

good luck with the tank :)

ya it needs to be stured up mor doesnt it? would a air tube thingy that makes a wall of bubbles work? kno what i mean?

Thermometer. Don't depend on the heater's thermometer to be accurate.

lol i wasnt planning on it, umm what about lighting? i have a 15 inch fixture so what type of bulb should i get? its a farely tall tank so should i have a brighter bulb?

I would suggest some fluorescent light bulbs. If your fixture is for incandescent then get the screw in fluorescent bulbs. That would provide plenty of lighting and also be more beneficial to your live plants.

ya its floresent, its left over from having a red eyed tree frog, thats why its so tall, and no they arent poisonous so no worries about that. but should i pick a really strong tube? like one that could work for salt water tanks too?

no theres really no need to get a very high wattage tube. Whatever floresent lghting that fits from your local aquarium store should be fine.

Most reactions

Back