What do you think of these gravels?

I like the gravel. normally I go for natural gravel but that provides a nice contrast. :thumbs:

Question: I have the exact same tank (no water in it yet) and I wondered if there is a way to put some kind of heater in it or something. I'm a big believer in heaters. so is there a way?

just buy a heater...??? i mean how else would you heat a tank. i would never put any home made heater in :crazy:

dragonfish4life said:
just buy a heater...??? i mean how else would you heat a tank. i would never put any home made heater in :crazy:
Uuh yeah....thanks for the help but I was under the impression that a normal heater might melt the plastic sides or be to large for 1 gallon tank. if you disagree then say so but lets not get sarcastic here.

Heh I just keep my room temperature controlled. My space heater is programmed for 76 in the winter and my air conditioner is programmed for 74 in the summer. Can't go wrong with that I don't think?

BTW thanks for the comments on my little betta tank but what I'm really wondering is will these gravels look ok in a planted 10 gallon or 20 gallon? I'm considering using these gravels in one of the two tanks I'll have soon but not both. I'm not sure about even using it in one because it is awfully bright BUT I just have sooooo much of it ~48 pounds left.

In a large tank, I think that natural or darker gravel look best. However, if I had 48 puonds of pea gravel, I'ld probably use it anyway 'cause it still looks OK. With the right plants and decor it could look quite nice.

Most reactions

Back