What Do You Think Of My Tank?

paulioo

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
For those that don't peak into the planted tank section, you may not have seen my tank so here it is.

I wanted a simple and easy maintenance planted tank. I think it looks quite good. Feel free to comment, good or bad, and even take a look at the planted tank section and see other members fantastic tanks :thumbs:

Harlequin Rasbora's doing what they do best.
FinishedTanksmall.jpg

Full length tank shot.
FinishedTanksmall2.jpg

Pearling Glosso.
CIMG2482low.jpg

Planted tanks don't need to be hard work to look good. Just research and ask questions and anything is possible.

This tank is about to be stripped down for another mini project in the near future.

Paul

I like it. Its like a stone ruins in a field. And I love the shot of the pearling glosso, very sharp. :thumbs:

Wow! amazing glossos. I just planted my glossos last week. I hope my glossos will turn out like yours.

Looks absolutely fantastic. Is that plum slate?

Sure is plum slate. £2.49 from B&Q. Bought two large pieces and threw them about a bit to break them up.

Not bad when you consider how expensive rocks are from aquatic shops.

Paul.

Sure is plum slate. £2.49 from B&Q. Bought two large pieces and threw them about a bit to break them up.

Not bad when you consider how expensive rocks are from aquatic shops.

Paul.

Agreed! here is a very rough photo of my 30 gallon -

CIMG1685.jpg

There's about £10 worth in there, and when I got mine it was 3.48 a piece. I did then have to spend a bit on buying the tools to destroy it mind you...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I love that tank. It's beautiful. I can't get over the bit of algea on the slate. It looks perfect. It's those little things that make it look like a chunk of river.

What kind of a camera are you using?

in that first pic....how did you manage to get all the fish facing the same way....thats just simply amazing... is there still a picture of the month thing going on? if so i nominate that pic for it. very cool pic

Quite a nice little tank you have there.. Ive never had sucess with planted tanks.. Well all my tanks are for africans so that may be why.. That looks great.

Most reactions

Back