What Do You Feed Your Clownfish?

xbexx

Reaction score
I feed mine on mysis shrimp but I'd like ideas on what other foods people have tried.
I heard some people use some vegetables, anyone on here had any experience of this? I'd like to vary the diet as much as possible.

i mix up a lot of frozen foods. Mysis, brine, krill, prawns and then put them in an ice cube tray.

They also really like new era pellets. They are good for fetching out their colours

Mine eats everything, flake, krill, mysis, pods (which are put in for the corals and mandarin), daphina, live baby brine shrimp, live adult brine shrimp (fed up with lots of phyto) and not forgetting bits of my hand any time I have to put it in the tank :)

thanks for all your tips!, I've heard of people feeding pieces of Veg - anyone had any experience of this, if so which Veg and how much?

You can try nori seaweed but mine always turn their noses up at it - have also tried them on marine mix which has seaweed in it - they spit it out if they accidently get some in their mouth :lol:

Seffie x

Mine seem to like the Ocean Nutrition Formula Two Marine pellet (small one). Its got Spirulina and garlic in it. I have the Ocean Nutrition flake food and they don't bother with it. Stupid thing preferred the goldfish food when I ran out of the good stuff lol -_-

Mine will eat just about everything i give them... The only veggies I provide is Formula 2, which they gobble right down. That that some garlic in it too.

Otherwise i'll feed them mysis, Brine Shrimp + (which has tons of good stuff like clams, squid etc.), and on occasion they'll get some dainichi pellets. Also, about once or twice a month i'll mix their food up with fresh crushed garlic. They find that yummy.

I feed them vitamin enriched brine shrimp, flake, and some algae flakes. They readily take the algae flakes.

Also, they are tank bred oscies.

Most reactions

Back