What do ya think?

kevin007

Hmmm...cories
Reaction score
:/ I currently live in a apartment, i will be moving back to house soon, and i will cram my basement with tanks...i will want to have:

1-200gallon tank
2- 55 gallon tank
3- 10 gallon tank

I managed to get a reli good deal on the 200 gallons including stand becasue i know the shop owner and he says that alot of the time, customers will tell him to write down their phone # and if anyone wants the tank phone him :) however, i'm still planning ahead, the tank will not be set up until next year -_- and i will be broke after this..i'll do the 200 gallons first...then i'll save up again for the next, so on

200 Gallons- 117 Fish (Super Community)

{ Cyprinids,etc section} 5 Clown loaches
{ Catfish section}30 Sterbai cories (from a breeder{me =P})
{ Catfish Section}20 Assorted cories
{ Cichlids Section}6 Angel Fish
{ Cyprinids,etc section}10 Red-lined torpedos (if i can get them)
{ Labryinth Fish section}6 Gouramis (2 blue, 2 gold, 2 pearl)
{Cyprinids,etc section}10 Rainbow fish
{ Live Bearer Section}10 Hi-Fin Swords
{Cyprinids,etc section} 20 Cardinal/Rummynose Tetras

55 Gallon (discus tank)

6 discus
3 Zebra Plecos ( VERY UNLIKELY)

55 Gallon tank (Dwarf Tank)

20 Sparkling gourami
20 Pygmy cories
6 Dwarf gouramis
? Dwarf Cichlid
(anymore suggestions here?)

10 Gallon tank (sterbai cory tank)

around 100 fry

2- 10 Gallon tank
Tons of guppy fry

Over all is it ok? over stocked? etc?

EDIT: oh i forgot to say that you can serch around in webshots to find relli awsome pics of tanks too...oh and i am not bluffin i am really serios about this

EDIT2: I am not a very good aquascaper so if i copy, this..part..and that...and that from everyone's tanks, i hope you dont mind :/

that sounds sweet!
are you going to plant this massive community?

djdotnet said:

that sounds sweet!
are you going to plant this massive community?
I want to..but i'll need help, not a good aquascaper :(

Or if i cant afford all the tank or the time to maintain, i'll just have the 1 200 gallon tank :(

also i was discusing it with family and well, they dont really want all the tanks...just the 200 gallon, i'll hopefully sneak 1 55 gallon tank in as a breeding tank and maybe a bit change of plans:

{ Cichlids Section}6 Angel Fish now Discus
{Cyprinids,etc section}10Rainbow fishmaybe now 20 sparkling gourami

and i'll split the 55 gallon tank in 4, 3/4 half for sterbai cory, other for guppy

Or i can buy a custom tank making it the tank deeper and higher only to make it 300 gallons..then more fish..(like 4 gold nugget pleco..ONLY 25$ea!!)

and the 200 gallon tank will be wall built in :D with a pool table so people to admire the tank when waiting for their turn :p

as you can see i am still planning, brainstorming, calculating etc and since the tank is so large and so many species with large # hopefully alot of breeding will occure :)

Maybe it is just the individual fish I have, but I have had a hard time with mulitple dwarf gouramis, they seem to pick on each other. I now have two and the one red still nips at the blue. I also had a gold one I had to remove because it was too agressive. I have always wanted a gourami tank, but I seem to get ones that just can't get along....

If only I could afford a house to put more tanks in! Unfortunately I think I am maxed out at 3 in an apartment...

Provided you ensure that your gold/blue gouramies are not both male, you shouldn't have any problems in a large tank.
You will, however, have to watch that the sparklers aren't bullied by the dwarfs and include more female dwarfs than males or you'll have territory issues.

I want to..but i'll need help, not a good aquascaper

Common, what kind of attitude is that?! :p

Just do it, you'll get help from the forum, but in the end nothing beats experience, and there is nothing wrong with failure as long as you learn from it. The fact is, if you don't try to overcomplicate, plants are actually not so difficult. Once the tank is full of beautiful live plants, both you and the fish will never regret it - whether it takes you 2 months or 2 years to achieve it. Sounds like you've got some good plans - good luck!

What are the dimensions of the 200 gal?

Most reactions

Back