What do u Think of this betta?

Yea, it is sad they've basically said, don't bother entering Deltas, and even super deltas are considered minor faults. I have some deltas in my red spawn and I think they're beutiful, just as beutiful as the super deltas, and more so in some cases where the SD's tail just doesn't look "perfect". Shoot, with how rare true HM's are, if I get lucky and get one, I'm not showing it, I'm breeding it, Lol! The show's are getting my nice super deltas instead, so it's a minor fault, oh well, you're not getting my "A" team!

Linda

wuvmybetta said:
A true HM is very rare. So rare that the IBC has 'discontinued' deltas,and now all deltas are just considered faulty hm's :/
Wow, I didn't know that. So I guess SD's are the new veils....

cation said:
wuvmybetta said:
A true HM is very rare. So rare that the IBC has 'discontinued' deltas,and now all deltas are just considered faulty hm's :/
No, Deltas are the new veiltails, Super Deltas are just a minor fault (and will probably still be very common at the shows since true HM's are rare). Most fish entered are going to have several "minor faults", so no reason to not enter a nice Super Delta still. BUT, the IBC does now say if a Super Delta and a HM are equal in all other respects, the HM will win. But that doesn't mean a Super Delta can't beat out a HM if the HM has other faults that score it lower than the Super Delta.

Linda

i love that color combo thogh, its so cool, iv never seen those colors in that kinda pattern b4. i want the rest of his spawn lol :D

shrks1fan said:
cation said:
wuvmybetta said:
A true HM is very rare. So rare that the IBC has 'discontinued' deltas,and now all deltas are just considered faulty hm's  :/
No, Deltas are the new veiltails, Super Deltas are just a minor fault (and will probably still be very common at the shows since true HM's are rare). Most fish entered are going to have several "minor faults", so no reason to not enter a nice Super Delta still. BUT, the IBC does now say if a Super Delta and a HM are equal in all other respects, the HM will win. But that doesn't mean a Super Delta can't beat out a HM if the HM has other faults that score it lower than the Super Delta.

Linda
True,if the SD is larger than the HM that it's up against,it wins. The bigger fish always wins.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh :-( .....
He isnt a halfmoon...

Lol
I still luv him though.......
Actually i got this betta at a lfs
$4.00
I knew there was something special about him...

wuvmybetta said:
shrks1fan said:
cation said:
wuvmybetta said:
A true HM is very rare. So rare that the IBC has 'discontinued' deltas,and now all deltas are just considered faulty hm's  :/

Linda
True,if the SD is larger than the HM that it's up against,it wins. The bigger fish always wins.
I don't understand it, but thats one nice betta you have there!

shrks1fan said:
cation said:
wuvmybetta said:

Linda
Aha, now it's all clear. I guess that makes sense for SD'd. :nod: Can you imagine if deltas took over veils at the pet stores? In 10 years we'd all be vying for the "rare" veiltails! :lol:

I would like to breed this fish along with a female, but i dont think i can do it, im only 14 and i dont have lots of money, an i only have a 10 gallon tank for the fry...

Would that be enuff, cuz i know there would be some pretty nice offspring

no-a 10 gal would not be enough.
check out the links in the pinned topic if you are considering breeding someday. it is expensive and most of the time you wont make any money but it is a fun experience.
where do you live? you should go back to that pet store and see if they have any other nice finds :)

i would think a 10g would be enogh -_- , just for the first minth anyway, then they can be moved to seperate contrainers. this was my plan atleast. u might wanna spend alota time just reading up b4 u dive into this, im only 15 myself and im pretty sure i can pull this off during winter vacation :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back