what could i keep with my betta?

akhtar

Fish Addict
Reaction score
as above!

i have 3 bettas, and in one of them i want another, something!, its a 3 gallon as most of u know, what can i keep with him?

any other fish?

or any other thing, (no ADF s please :) )

African Dwarf Frogs do pretty good, so I've heard. Easy to keep as well

i keep my female betta with 2 gouramis and a molly.......but that's a bigger tank......u could try a lone platy or 2 otos........but it's such a small tank that the adf seems best or even a snail....sry with other fish in a small tank u're more likely to get aggression

From what I heard from a friend, ottos don't do well with betta because the betta will attack the ottos n eventually kill them. That's what happened with my friend's ottos.

I m keeping mine with a few black neons. Although the betta did chase them the 1st day or 2, they r now living happily together altho apparently the betta is the boss. :rolleyes:

I have seen a betta with a small group (4 I believe) of zebra danios. Worked fine in that case, but I'd imagine this would only be good if you have a fairly laid back betta. If he's real agressive, don't chance it.

ehhhh,just leave him alone, all the fish mentioned:guppies,platties,ottos are all big time poopers and IMO ....nasty. They'll muck up your 3 gallon unless you have superb filtration and that won't make Mr.Betta happy since they don't like too much current.
Add some more plants to make it look fuller or try an apple snail but my betta hated the snail that lived in the community tank when he was in there( and believe it or not,snails poop a LOT too).

You could always rig up some sort of a divider and get a female,it's unbelievable how active they are when they have a girlie to flirt with :wub:

i have already got good filteration, i might get either...

a platy, or
2 ottos, or
a cory or
a adf or
hmm i dnno, shoudl i just leave him alone, but wont he get bored :S

canis_lupus said:
i keep my female betta with 2 gouramis and a molly.......but that's a bigger tank......u could try a lone platy or 2 otos........but it's such a small tank that the adf seems best or even a snail....sry with other fish in a small tank u're more likely to get aggression
lol :lol: i have 2 goldfish in the same sized tank, yalk bout aggression, those things are some messy fish!!!

im gonna have to get rida em :crazy:

DEFFINATELY!!!!!!!!!! TELL HER THAT THE 2 MALES ARE GONNA FIGHT AND ONE WILL DIE AND THE OTHER WILL BE SEVERLY DAMAGED

SOMETIMES THATS NOT THE CASE (BUT VERY RALERLY) I READ THIS -_-

Most reactions

Back